Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 100% full file system - error when trying to increase Post 302940929 by zaxxon on Friday 10th of April 2015 04:24:57 AM
Old 04-10-2015
I assume /tmp will be simply needed for this operation. If the files can not be deleted, can you move/copy them to another place or just compress them?
Else I would boot box in maintenance mode and try it then, if the current workload/situation allows it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase space in the solaris file system

How can I check how much space is left in the solaris file system? and how can I increase those space in the file system?. I am trying to install Oracle Database on Solaris 8.But, it keep giving me error message says that"There is not enough space on the volume you have specified". Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. Solaris

increase root file system size in solaris

Hi frnz, Need an urgent help... I have installed solaris 8 in a sunblade workstation with 136GB hdd. While installation it has taken a default filesystem size as 1.37GB for root. AFtr completing the installation i have extended the root partition to 130GB. But still df output shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Error:"File system full"

Hi, I'm getting an error with my filesystems. After /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7.......................100%............/export/home and #ls -l drwxr----.......................512......TT_DB drw..............................8192.....lost+found drw...............................512......oracle... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacanaks
10 Replies

4. AIX

increase the size of file system

Hi all, we are usig aix 4.3 and i need to increase the size of "/u01" file sytem which is mounted on logical volume "lv00", but "/u01" file system size is 9 GB and logical volume "lvoo" size 9 GB.how do i increase the size of /u01.do i increase the size of logical volume "lv00" and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Increase root file system size ...

Hello Admins, I am running a redhat linux 5 on vmware workstation. I need to increase or add some more space to my root (/) partition. I don't have any LVM configured.. Please suggest. # df -kh Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 3.8G 3.1G ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

6. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Increase the file system size

Dear Friends, I would like to increase the size of a file system from 10GB to 15GB. System is runing on HP-UX 11.31. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Not able to increase ZFS file system on NGZ

I have Solaris-10 server running ZFS file-system. ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01 is one of the non global zone. I wanted to increase a /ttms/prod file-system of zone, which is actually /zone/ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01/ttms/prod on global server. I have added a new disk of 9 GB, which is emcpower56a and now I can... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

Procedure to increase file system

Hi, How/what is the procedure to increase file system in linux server ? Regards, Maddy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
6 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)