Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute Multiple Scripts and Capture Log Details Post 302940842 by RudiC on Thursday 9th of April 2015 11:57:02 AM
Old 04-09-2015
How about
Code:
script1 || { echo "script1 failed"; exit 1; }
script2 || { echo "script2 failed"; exit 2; } 
script3 || { echo "script3 failed"; exit 3; } 
script4 || { echo "script4 failed"; exit 4; }

It will run consecutive scripts only if the previous succeeded else print a failure message and quit with the appropriate exit code.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I execute TCL scripts in HP-UX

Hi All, Since I want to execute TCL scripts in HP-UX, I cannot find where to start. I try to execute the following scripts. It gets "tclsh: not found." errors. Where / how to execute tcl scripts? Thanks a lots. #!/bin/sh # the next line restarts using wish \ exec tclsh "$0" "$@" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute scripts at logout?

Hi, We can execute scripts at X login time in Linux by placing scripts in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/ directory. Can you suggest a method to execute scripts at X logout time? rgds, pcsaji (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcsaji
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture actual error message when a command fails to execute

I want to capture actual error message in case the commands I use in my shell script fails. For eg: ls -l abc.txt 2>>errorlog.txt In this case I understand the error message is written to the errorlog.txt and I assume its bacause the return code from the command ls -l abc might return 2 if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and execute shell scripts in multiple sub directories in parallel

I have one parent directory and within that parent directory there are several other sub-directories and within those sub-directories there are several other "large number" of sub-directories. All the sub directories have a shell script in them with a common file name execute_command.sh I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to execute multiple scripts

Hi All, I have 4 scripts to execute. Each one take anywhere from 3 -9 hours to run depending on what it's doing. I'm running one at a time then check back periodically to see if it's still going and if not, run the other. How can I put these scripts into another script so that they are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To execute scripts parallelly

Hi I have set two set of scripts sets in a file which perform similar operations but with different script names for e.g.: 1st set of script1.txt: 1.sh 2.sh 3.sh 4.sh 2nd set of script2.txt: 1_1.sh 2_1.sh 3_3.sh 4_4.sh I want to execute these set of scripts parallelly in such... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
16 Replies

10. AIX

Need ./ to execute scripts

Hi, I am really sorry for this question but still i am confused. I have shell script called sample.sh I can execute only with the combination of ./sample.sh Is ./ really necessary ? Is it something related with $HOME or $PATH variable. Why and How can i resolve this case ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies
CUBRID_PING(3)								 1							    CUBRID_PING(3)

cubrid_ping - Ping a server connection or reconnect if there is no connection

SYNOPSIS
bool cubrid_ping ([resource $conn_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Checks whether or not the connection to the server is working. PARAMETERS
o $conn_identifier - The CUBRID connection identifier. If the connection identifier is not specified, the last connection opened by cubrid_connect(3) is assumed. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the connection to the server CUBRID server is working, otherwise FALSE. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_ping(3) example <?php set_time_limit(0); $conn = cubrid_connect('localhost', 33000, 'demodb'); /* Assuming this query will take a long time */ $sql = "select * from athlete"; $result = cubrid_query($sql); if (!$result) { echo 'Query #1 failed, exiting.'; exit; } /* Make sure the connection is still alive, if not, try to reconnect */ if (!cubrid_ping($conn)) { echo 'Lost connection, exiting after query #1'; exit; } cubrid_free_result($result); /* So the connection is still alive, let's run another query */ $sql2 = "select * from code"; $result2 = cubrid_query($sql2); ?> PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_PING(3)