Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change ? char from files and directory Post 302940651 by protocomm on Wednesday 8th of April 2015 04:56:09 AM
Old 04-08-2015
Try this:

Code:
mv file  $(ls file | tr -d '\227')

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I change ownership of a directory and all of it's files.

How do I change ownership of a directory and all of it's files without changing permissions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mborin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Char in Multiple Files

We develop a file in windows and move to unix box as a part of deployment. When we do this, we get ctrl-M(^M) character added to the file. So we need to remove ctrl-M(^M) character from all the files from deployment folder and all subfolders folder. Currently we move to individual folders and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinakarmani
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change nth Char in a file..

I wanted to Replace if 20th Char is space then Replace by X .. 12345678901234567890 AAAA HEXW PROGRM01 (Ended by 3 Spaces ) Followed by junk(can be spaces als) BBBB HEXW PROGRM01 A0121225001 (Ended by 3 Spaces)Followed by junk I have Tired some thing of this sort ... cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a Char Multiple line records

Hi All i have a file that is to big for vi and is a multiple line record 3999||20090127163547796|196.46.162.250|1028|196.207.40.112|2152|00:0C:31:BB:25:5 4|00:00:0C:07:AC:06|655016000575511|05||3C65|0D029C1D|||00644B5A|||||||||||inter... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseptember
5 Replies

5. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change first line of files in directory

I need a script to take the filename of every file in a directory and substitute that file name for whatever is on the first line of the file. There may or may not be anything on the line, but I want the line to be the same as the file name. Most of the script tools I have used are non-destructuve,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change database directory to another directory?

Hi, I Installed mysql on my CentOS 6.2 Server. But when I tried to change the location of /var/lib/mysql to another directory. I can't start the mysql. Below is what I've done yum install mysql mysql-server mysql-devel mkdir /path/to/new/ cp -R /var/lib/mysql /path/to/new chown -R... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganitolngyundre
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count char, sum and change

Hello, I have some problem in counting char of word, sum and change. I'm not sure shell script can do this. Input data: Sam1 BB BB AA AA BB BB BB Sam2 BB BB AA AA AB AB AB Sam3 BB BB BB AA BB BB BB Sam4 AB AB AB AB AB AB AA Sam5 BB BB AA AA BB BB -- If I count in column 2, B is 9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awil
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)