Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to add new line after every data inserted to file? Post 302940627 by weslyarfan on Wednesday 8th of April 2015 12:25:28 AM
Old 04-08-2015
Ubuntu How to add new line after every data inserted to file?

Hi all,
I need help for solve my problem.

my problem is like this..
i want to add many word to file. but after I add 1 word, the second word should be in the under of the first word.

i have tried but the result is like this
Code:
word1word2word3

i want the result to be like this
Code:
word1
word2
word3

Last edited by Don Cragun; 04-08-2015 at 01:38 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add a line of data to already existing file in Unix..

Hello.. I have a text file with 100 lines of data. I need to add 1 line of data to that already existing file at the first line( beginning of the file) , so that the already existing 100 lines will start from 2 nd line.Now the file will have 101 lines of data. Help me on how to add the line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add data from command line to end of file

how can I add data from command line to end of file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add line with data to existing file

i have a file called motors with 3 columns separated with tabs eg: car make reg i want to create a executable file that will add a line with data eg: car make reg benz s600 t35778 can you please show me how to do this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fletcher
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing inserted newlines from a fileld of fixed width file.

Hi champs! I have a fixed width file in which the records appear like this 11111 <fixed spaces such as 6> description for 11111 <fixed spaces such as 6> some more field to the record of 11111 22222 <fixed spaces such as 6> description for 22222 <fixed spaces such as 6> some more field to the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_1
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary line being inserted while truncating a file

Hi All, I have a ln between two files (say ln a b), when i truncate file " b ", this truncates file " a " also, a binary line is being added as the first line of both the files. This is causing problems with other scripts which grep on the above files. (though i can work my way around... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay61286
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to detect a file from inserted usb and puts into a Variable

There is a same named log file that I have on my 2 different android phones. When I plug it into my computer, it appears in the media folder, For example the first android phone: /media/F6BA-0AF5/folder/A.log I want to put that into a variable to be manipulated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobenguyen
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in adding a data after a particular line of data in a file.

Hi.. I'm into a bump after trying to solve this prob.. i've a file with contents like below. <blankline> 'pgmId' : 'UNIX', 'pgmData' : 'textfile', 'author' : 'admin', ....... Now i'm trying to insert a new data after pgmId. so the final output will be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping a data in a file and delete line in source file if data does not exist.

Hi Guys, Please help me with my problem here: I have a source file: 1212 23232 343434 ASAS1 4 3212 23232 343434 ASAS2 4 3234 23232 343434 QWQW1 4 1134 23232 343434 QWQW2 4 3212 23232 343434 QWQW3 4 and a mapping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

create txt file form data file and add some line on it

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt File A Data AK1521 AK2536 AK3164 I want create text file of all data above and write some data on each file. want Output on below folder /home/kka/out AK1521.txt Hi Welocme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies
WTOC(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   WTOC(1)

NAME
wtoc - Convert a Wnn text-form dictionary (or dictionaries) into Canna text-form dictionaries SYNOPSIS
wtoc [-f hinshidata] [wnnjisho] [cannajisho] DESCRIPTION
wtoc converts a Wnn text-form dictionary file into Canna text-form dictionary file. If all dictionary files are omitted, the Wnn dictio- nary data is input through the standard input. In this case, the dictionary of the Japanes Input System is output from the standard out- put. If one dictionary file is specified, it will be regarded as a Wnn dictionary. At this time, Canna dictionary output to the standard output. OPTIONS
-f hinshidata The user can add new information about word-type correspondence between Wnn and Canna. The following word-type correspondence information must be described in the hinshidata file. Within one line, describe the Wnn word type name and the Canna word type while delimiting by a space(s) or tab. Wnn word type Canna word type Adverb #F04 EXAMPLE
% wtoc -f tsuikahinshi kihon.u kihon.t Inputs word-type correspondence information from tsuikahinshi, then converts Wnn text-form dictionary kihon.u into the Canna text-form dic- tionary before output. % wtoc special.u | lpr Converts Wnn text-form dictionary special.u into Canna text-form dictionary, then outputs the result to the line printer. SEE ALSO
ctow(1) WTOC(1)