Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How to provide password for rsync in shell script? Post 302940563 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 7th of April 2015 07:11:04 AM
Old 04-07-2015
Code:
PROCNAME=`basename $0 | awk -F"." '{print $1}'` 
export LOG_DT=`date '+20%y%m%d'`;
export LOG_TM=`date +'%H%M'`.log; 
export FCTN_LIB=${ARCH_BIN_DIR}/function_library.sh
. ${FCTN_LIB}
export LOG=${LOG_DIR}/${PROCNAME}.${LOG_DT}${LOG_TM}
export PFILE=${PROCNAME}.ksh_param
PGM=${PROCNAME}
clear
trap 'errhandle_se_je 1' 1 2 3 15

A=${1:-0}
B=${2:-0}  
C=${3:-0}  
D=${4:-30}
E=${5:-270}
F="$CDD/${PROCNAME}_dups.bad

Which part are you after explaining? There are seven distinct types of statement here. Which ones are confusing you. I don't want to confuse you.

I'm sure we can break it down for you.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

provide a user password from a script

Hi all, passwd <username> < /var/adm/passwd.txt cat /var/adm/passwd.txt abcd1234 abcd1234 when I run this from the script, it comes with: New password: It is not able to pick from the location /var/adm/passwd.txt. thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to provide "answers" to SSL Cert Request

Hello, I need assistance with creating a shell script to generate SSL Certificate Requests on remote hosts. Below is my stab at this, but I cannot figure out how to pass the requested arguments into the openssl command correctly. I have a major problem with redirecting the "answers" into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azvelocat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - storing password in script

Hello, I wish to store the password in an rsync script so that when prompted it just enters the password. I know I can set up passwordless logins, but I have never been able to do this on this particular server so I am resorting to storing the password in the script: rsync -avz -e ssh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script for rsync to remote server?

Hello, Can you help me to write a shell script for rsync a folder from my server to remote server ? i do this in ssh by this command : rsync -avz -e ssh /copy/me/ login@serverip:/where/to i want have a shell script that do this command. and you know that this command ask remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Desperados
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to provide password to the prompt through Java

Hi All, I am using Ubuntu machine with JDK 6. I am running following command on shell- sudo ./somecript . Now, it prompts for sudo password and I provide the sudo password on shell and "somescript" starts running with sudo permissions. What I want to do is, I need to execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaibhim
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the user will provide the parameters for Oracle db connection in a shell script?

I'm new into unix. My question: is possible to write a shell script which will ask for the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, USERNAME, PASSWORD to connect to Oracle db. In generally we have to set the ORACLE_HOME in .profile file. And after putting the 'sqlplus' command it asks for the username &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya001
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide Password using to the application using the shell script

Hello, I have a requirement to shut down and start up my application on different environments (Dev, QA and Prod). I have around 24 servers. I have to login to each server manually for shutinng down the application. I wrote a shell command on each server and I am invoking those shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDSR Raju
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to provide password?

Hi , I am trying to unzip some file in a dir using shell script ,but it prompts for password to unzip those files ,how would i provide the passoword in the script it self (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one provide shell script for this ...

• With this script, users will be able to o Enter into the recycle bin mode. During this mode, all files deleted will be sent to the recycle bin. The recycle bin will be common to all users. o View contents of the recycle bin (his/her file(s) only). o Retrieve a particular file from the recycle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavana busetty
3 Replies
dtc-xen_migrate(8)					      System Manager's Manual						dtc-xen_migrate(8)

NAME
dtc-xen_migrate - migrate a VPS to another Xen server SYNOPSIS
LOCAL_VPS_ID DESTINATION_HOSTNAME [ DEST_VPS_ID ] DESCRIPTION
dtc-xen_migrate This shell script is a part of the dtc-xen package that is to be used by the dtc panel to manage a Xen VPS server. Note that you need rsync in both the source and the destination dom0. This script is used to move the content of a Xen virtual machine (VM) managed with dtc-xen to another Xen server of the same type. The VM destination will first be prepared, then the local VM will be shut down, then it's content will be transfered over using rsync. Note that this is NOT a live migration, and down time of approximatively the time needed for the rsync will occure. PARAMETERS
LOCAL_VPS_ID The DTC-Xen id of the VM, from 00 to 99. DESTINATION_HOSTNAME Destination Xen server hostname to migrate to. DEST_VPS_ID Destination DTC-Xen id of the VM, from 00 to 99. EXAMPLE
dtc-xen_migrate 19 alpha.example.com 21 This will migrate the content of xen19 on the local machine to the destination server alpha.example.com using xen21 as VM name. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8), dtc_kill_vps_disk(8) dtc-xen_migrate(8)