Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash code will not run
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash code will not run Post 302940386 by Corona688 on Saturday 4th of April 2015 01:05:37 PM
Old 04-04-2015
This code looks wonky:

Code:
printf ${hgvs[$i]} >> cd 'C:' c:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/syntax.txt

What precisely do you expect that to do? I'd expect it to write to the filename 'cd'.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use cygwin to run bash script

Hi, all, I try to run a quite simple bash script mytest.sh in cygwin, it's content is: #!/bin/bash echo "It is my first bash shell" there are three lines in the script. The second line is blank line. When I run it use command: bash c:/mytest.sh, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically run bash script

Hi! I want to run/execute a bash script automatically everytime when a specific file is created or when its timestamp changes. Is this possible? How? Thank you very much for your answers in advance, Regards, Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckofler
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use perl to run bash with argument?

Hi All, I want to run a bash script using perl. But they are in the different dir. #! /usr/bin/perl -w use strict; my $root=`pwd`; chomp($root); my $cmd=".$root/testdir/ft_623.sh 3 4 5 6 7"; print $cmd; my @line=`$cmd`; foreach (@line){ print $_; } ft_623.sh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW to run a bash-code in a c-shell script ??

Is there a way to run some code in a C-shell script by different shell, like bash? I have that situation. I have prepared and perfectly workable bash-skript that now I have to execute under C-shell script, divide it on steps and without creating a new files (with the bash-code parts.) For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh to run bash script

I want to use ssh to start a bash script that I have uploaded to a webhost. How do I do that from linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash if run a command

I am having trouble with bash. I am trying to put a command in an if statement and then compare it to a string. This works perfectly. echo $(ipcs | grep Shared | awk '{print $2}')When I put it in an if statement I get some problems. $ if ; then echo expression evaluated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
10 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run Bash from Windows icon?

Is it possible to run a bash using a by creating an icon or shortcut in windows 7? Everything seems to be for unix or linux and unfortunately my institution is windows. For example, run bash ~/newbatch.sh by clicking on an icon on a users desktop. Cygwin will be installed as well. Thank you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line?

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line without needing and requiring a script file. Because I'm actually a windows guy and new here so for illustration is sort of : $ bash "echo ${PATH} & echo have a nice day!" will do output, for example:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error?

If run the below code today its creating all directory and getting output files,I f run same code tomorrow I am getting error. can any one give suggestion to sortout this error. OSError: no such file or directory : '062518'My code looks like this import paramiko import sys import os ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: haribabu2229
8 Replies
JZIP(6) 						 John's Z-code Interpreter Program						   JZIP(6)

NAME
jzip - execute Infocom v1-5 and Inform v1-5 & v8 game files SYNOPSIS
jzip [ options ] z-file-name DESCRIPTION
jzip invokes the Z-code Interpreter. REQUIREMENTS
jzip will run under most (if not all) flavors of Unix, including AIX, Solaris, SunOS, HP/UX, Linux, Free/NetBSD, IRIX, NeXT Mach, DEC OSF/1, and others. EDITING
JZip now supports arrowkey editing in UNIX. Up/Down selects the previous / next command in history Left/Right moves the cursor over the line. Backspace deletes Typing inserts under the cursor OPTIONS
-l n lines in display -c n columns in display -r n text right margin (default = 1) -t n text top margin (default = 0) -v display version information -m monochrome mode -y set Tandy bit -s n zmachine strict level, from 0 (none), 1 (report once, recommended) to 3. ENVIRONMENT
jzip looks for the environment variable INFOCOM_PATH and will use the path found there to look for the story file specified on the command line if the story file cannot be found in the current directory. CREDITS
jzip is written and maintained by John Holder (j-holder@home.com), based on the ZIP v2.0 sources by Mark Howell and Olaf 'Olsen' Barthel. AVAILABILITY
The most recent version of jzip can be downloaded from one of: http://www.jzip.sourceforge.net/ ftp://ifarchive.org/infocom/interpreters/zip/ FILES
/usr/games/jzip The Z-Code Interpreter Program /usr/lib/games/zfiles Recommended location for Zcode files RELATED USENET NEWSGROUPS
Interactive Fiction (IF) authors should check out rec.arts.int-fiction, and IF players should check out rec.games.int-fiction. 2.1 JZIP(6)