Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash code will not run
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash code will not run Post 302940382 by itkamaraj on Saturday 4th of April 2015 11:54:55 AM
Old 04-04-2015
what happens when you run this code in debug mode ?

add -x in the shebang line
This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use cygwin to run bash script

Hi, all, I try to run a quite simple bash script mytest.sh in cygwin, it's content is: #!/bin/bash echo "It is my first bash shell" there are three lines in the script. The second line is blank line. When I run it use command: bash c:/mytest.sh, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically run bash script

Hi! I want to run/execute a bash script automatically everytime when a specific file is created or when its timestamp changes. Is this possible? How? Thank you very much for your answers in advance, Regards, Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckofler
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use perl to run bash with argument?

Hi All, I want to run a bash script using perl. But they are in the different dir. #! /usr/bin/perl -w use strict; my $root=`pwd`; chomp($root); my $cmd=".$root/testdir/ft_623.sh 3 4 5 6 7"; print $cmd; my @line=`$cmd`; foreach (@line){ print $_; } ft_623.sh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW to run a bash-code in a c-shell script ??

Is there a way to run some code in a C-shell script by different shell, like bash? I have that situation. I have prepared and perfectly workable bash-skript that now I have to execute under C-shell script, divide it on steps and without creating a new files (with the bash-code parts.) For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh to run bash script

I want to use ssh to start a bash script that I have uploaded to a webhost. How do I do that from linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash if run a command

I am having trouble with bash. I am trying to put a command in an if statement and then compare it to a string. This works perfectly. echo $(ipcs | grep Shared | awk '{print $2}')When I put it in an if statement I get some problems. $ if ; then echo expression evaluated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
10 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run Bash from Windows icon?

Is it possible to run a bash using a by creating an icon or shortcut in windows 7? Everything seems to be for unix or linux and unfortunately my institution is windows. For example, run bash ~/newbatch.sh by clicking on an icon on a users desktop. Cygwin will be installed as well. Thank you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line?

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line without needing and requiring a script file. Because I'm actually a windows guy and new here so for illustration is sort of : $ bash "echo ${PATH} & echo have a nice day!" will do output, for example:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error?

If run the below code today its creating all directory and getting output files,I f run same code tomorrow I am getting error. can any one give suggestion to sortout this error. OSError: no such file or directory : '062518'My code looks like this import paramiko import sys import os ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: haribabu2229
8 Replies
debug(3snmp)							     net-snmp							      debug(3snmp)

NAME
debug - Print out debugging information about the handler chain being called. Functions netsnmp_mib_handler * netsnmp_get_debug_handler (void) returns a debug handler that can be injected into a given handler chain. void debug_print_requests (netsnmp_request_info *requests) int netsnmp_debug_helper (netsnmp_mib_handler *handler, netsnmp_handler_registration *reginfo, netsnmp_agent_request_info *reqinfo, netsnmp_request_info *requests) void netsnmp_init_debug_helper (void) initializes the debug helper which then registers a debug handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. handler void netsnmp_init_serialize (void) initializes the serialize helper which then registers a serialize handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. void netsnmp_init_read_only_helper (void) initializes the read_only helper which then registers a read_only handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. void netsnmp_init_bulk_to_next_helper (void) initializes the bulk_to_next helper which then registers a bulk_to_next handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. void netsnmp_init_table_dataset (void) void netsnmp_init_stash_cache_helper (void) initializes the stash_cache helper which then registers a stash_cache handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. void netsnmp_init_helpers (void) call the initialization sequence for all handlers with init_ routines. Detailed Description Print out debugging information about the handler chain being called. This is a useful module for run-time debugging of requests as the pass this handler in a calling chain. All debugging output is done via the standard debugging routines with a token name of 'helper:debug', so use the -Dhelper:debug command line flag to see the output when running the snmpd demon. It's not recommended you compile this into a handler chain during compile time, but instead use the 'injectHandler' token in the snmpd.conf file (or similar) to add it to the chain later: injectHandler debug my_module_name to see an example output, try: injectHandler debug mibII/system and then run snmpwalk on the 'system' group. Function Documentation netsnmp_mib_handler* netsnmp_get_debug_handler (void) returns a debug handler that can be injected into a given handler chain. Definition at line 51 of file debug_handler.c. void netsnmp_init_bulk_to_next_helper (void) initializes the bulk_to_next helper which then registers a bulk_to_next handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. Definition at line 139 of file bulk_to_next.c. void netsnmp_init_debug_helper (void) initializes the debug helper which then registers a debug handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. Definition at line 155 of file debug_handler.c. void netsnmp_init_helpers (void) call the initialization sequence for all handlers with init_ routines. Definition at line 36 of file all_helpers.c. void netsnmp_init_read_only_helper (void) initializes the read_only helper which then registers a read_only handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. Definition at line 81 of file read_only.c. void netsnmp_init_serialize (void) initializes the serialize helper which then registers a serialize handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. Definition at line 93 of file serialize.c. void netsnmp_init_stash_cache_helper (void) initializes the stash_cache helper which then registers a stash_cache handler as a run-time injectable handler for configuration file use. Definition at line 238 of file stash_cache.c. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for net-snmp from the source code. Version 5.4.3.pre1 23 May 2010 debug(3snmp)