Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script running multiple commands at once Post 302940224 by bacarrdy on Thursday 2nd of April 2015 08:37:22 AM
Old 04-02-2015
Hi,

i dont know it is that what you want, but easy way to do it is:
you can try run everything in background with outputs to files (for exmpl first line> file all other lines >> file last line >> end) and then create loop to collect info from created files and if you want loop till all files got end

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[PERL] Running unix commands within Perl Scripts

I understand that in order to run basic unix commands I would normally type at the prompt, I would have to use the following format system(ls -l); or exec(ls -l); But when I actually try to use the command, the script fails to compile and keeps telling me there is an error with this line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userix
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running unix commands through perl

Hi all, In the directory '/temp/chris' the following files exist: chris.tar, chris.txt What i am trying to do is to assign the 'chris.tar' filename in an argument through perl, in order to do that i use the system command: $file=system("ls /temp/chris/*.tmp), but in the '$file' the exit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running a simple script file with multiple commands

I'm trying to run a script file with multiple commands that I would normally type into the command line. The commands are: #!/bin/bash diff Test1.o0 /usr3/ronelso4/Desktop/verificationKPC/Test1.o0 > differences2 diff Test1a.o0 /usr3/ronelso4/Desktop/verificationKPC/Test1a.o0 >> differences2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knelson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple unix commands in a single script

Hi, I would like to write a script with include more than 6 unix commands. my script like below: echo " script started" ls -ld bdf | grep "rama" tail -10 log.txt ... .. ... now, i want to run above unix commands one by one. example: first the ls -ld command will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running unix commands in a perl script

Executing two unix commads via perl script one after another e.g: make clean bsub -i -q short make have tried using exec but the second command doesnt executes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajroshan
1 Replies

6. Programming

Running Multiple Unix commands in qx

Hi All, Is there anything wrong with below syntax? qx {perldoc -v ModuleName.pm | grep -i Description } BTW, this question is related to Perl. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string

Hi, Is there a way in Korn Shell that I can run multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string, e.g., # vs="echo a; echo b;" # $vs a; echo b; I want to be able to store commands in a variable, then run all of it once and pipe the whole output to another program without using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svhyd
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get multiple values from an xml file using one of the following commands or together awk/perl/script

Hello, I have a requirement to extract the value from multiple xml node and print out the values to new file to compare. Would be done using either awk/perl or some unix script. For example sample input file: ..... ..... <factories xmi:type="resources.jdbc:DataSource"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slbmind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running multiple commands withing su command

RHEL 6.2/Bash shell root user will be executing the below script. It switches to oracle user and expect to do the following things A. Source the environment variables for BATGPRD Database (the file used for sourcing is shown below after the script) B. Shutdown the DB from sqlplus -- The... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check status of long running multiple curl commands in shell script

I am working on script. it reads a file which contains multiple lines Ex; curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=1 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=2 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
2 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)