Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TUI for Raspery Pi?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? TUI for Raspery Pi? Post 302940133 by sea on Wednesday 1st of April 2015 02:01:55 PM
Old 04-01-2015
Err yes sorry, forgot to give context.
Well someone wanted to have some kind of interface (to the console) after connecting to his RP through ssh.
But didnt want to to have to compile for each change, but wanted something more than just plain text output from scripts.

It was just the top message, just before the logout/status messages would scroll it out of sight, didnt care much at that time. After i figured it, couldnt find that part again.

Actualy, just what i though one could use TUI for (eg: giving (ssh) console (write scripts with-) an interface), but didnt thought of a Rapsery Pi.
But since it must be installed on the host, i'm not sure/certain how that is achieved, or if a regular installation would work.
Maybe just as regular after you ssh'd to the RP, and change to a tempdir run git to retrieve it.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Start SAM in TUI from CDE session

how can i start sam in TUI mode from a CDE session. i'm using hp-ux 11iv3 i tried to start SAM from a terminal from CDE session but each time i try to start it System Managment Homepage starts , so i telneted to server from a pc to start sam in TUI mode is there any other way to set my SAM to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

where do the configuration files from Redhat (fedora) authconfig-tui reside?

I have tried moving out the /etc/ldap.conf as well as /etc/openldap/ldap.conf files. I have LDAP Authentication turned on in the TUI. It lets me define a host and base, but the entries are not saved to the above files. /etc/sysconfig/authconfig has a bunch of environmental variables, but none... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SH] TUI not always properly aligned

Heyas I havent found a thread to introduce, so i combine it with the issue i have. EDIT /* Removed Problem because solved */ My first contact with Linux was back in 1995 with slackware, beeing a gamer back then, i (sadly) didnt bother to dig deeper. I finaly joined the Linux community in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Wanted: Feedback on TUI

Hello Couldnt think of a better place than "What is on your Mind". So me have that project https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/253496-tui-text-user-interface-framework-scripts.html. :b: Eventhough i tried to describe it well in its thread and its README.md on github, i've... (15 Replies)
15 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Wanted: Feedback on TUI (2)

Hello everyone It just so happend that TUI was rejected from GNU for the moment, with one of the reasons beeing that additional user feedback was required. So, if you like scripting, bash in specific, please have a try and report your feedback, to help me find all issues to fix, and as i... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
FAKENECT-RECORD(1)						libfreenect manual						FAKENECT-RECORD(1)

NAME
fakenect-record - program to save dumps from kinect to file SYNOPSIS
fakenect-record [-h] [-ffmpeg] [-ffmpeg-opts options] outputdir DESCRIPTION
fakenect-record dumps the output of the kinect in outputdir folder. It saves the acceleration, depth, and rgb data as individual files with names in the form "TYPE-CURRENTIME-TIMESTAMP" where: * TYPE is either (a)ccel, (d)epth, or (r)gb * TIMESTAMP corresponds to the timestamp associated with the observation (or in the case of accel, the last timestamp seen) * CURRENTTIME corresponds to a floating point version of the time in seconds. The purpose of storing the current time is so that delays can be recreated exactly as they occurred. For RGB and DEPTH the dump is just the entirety of the data provided in PPM and PGM formats respectively (just a 1 line header above the raw dump). For ACCEL, the dump is the "freenect_raw_tilt_state". Only the front part of the file name is used, with the rest left undefined (extension, extra info, etc). A file called INDEX.txt is also output with all of the filenames local to that directory to simplify the format (e.g., no need to read the directory structure). Once started, the program will continue to acquire data from the kinect. When you want to stop it, hit Ctrl-C and the signal will be caught, runloop stopped, and everything will be stored cleanly. OPTIONS
-ffmpeg If present, send the the video stream to ffmpeg -ffmpeg-opts options When using ffmpeg, specify the options to be used with it. If unspecified, it will use the options "-aspect 4:3 -r 20 -vcodec msmpeg4 -b 30000k" -h Display the command-line help SEE ALSO
fakenect(1) OpenKinect 2012-05-21 FAKENECT-RECORD(1)