Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to build an install server for Solaris 8? Post 302939897 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 30th of March 2015 05:13:25 PM
Old 03-30-2015
You can also try to rebuild the path_to_inst file by booting the machine witch the command boot -war.

If that does not work, you can use Solaris 10 to build a boot and install server for Solaris 8.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Build and install GCC-3.2.3

Hi, I have problem to build the gcc-3.2.3. I downloaded the source code. Here is what I did. 1) cd /usr/local/src 2) tar zxf gcc-3.2.3.tar.gz 3) cd .. 4) mkdir gcc-3.2.3 5) cd gcc-3.2.3 6) ../src/gcc-3.2.3/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.2.3/ 7) make And I received the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo apt-get install build-essential not working

it asks for password and then following is displayed Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Couldn't find package build-essential what should i do to install g++ compiler? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkle
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how to install iplanet messaging server 5.2 on solaris 10

hi all, I want to install iplanet messaging service in solaris 10. if it is possible plz send the procedure for installation.its urgent plz regards spandan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Difference between Solaris jump start and jet build server

Hello Guruz, Correct me if I am wrong. What is difference between Solaris jump start and jet build server. Any sun doc how the jump start setup works. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bullz26
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to Install Solaris on my test server

I am trying to install Solaris 10 on one my test server with the name as Solaris202 . but I am getting an error like below Creating new rsa public/private host key pair Creating new dsa public/private host key pair solaris202 console login: Feb 15 22:03:36 solaris202 sendmail: My... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2uniks
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris jumpstart install server

I am attempting to install Solaris 10, on a SPARC platform, from a Solaris install server running under Oracle Virtual Box (x86 platform) solarisbox1 is server with IP 10.1.1.21 solarisbox2 is client with IP 10.1.1.60 Snoop gives me the following .. solarisbox1 -> (broadcast) ARP C who is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robs2015
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to install an JumpStart Server on Solaris 11.3?

Hey Guys, i'm trying to install and configure a jumpstart server on a solaris 11.3 x86 based system. I've already created the folders to install the server. I've tried to use the installation script as follow (i'm root on the system): ./setup_install_server /export/jumpstart Everything works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcusg562
2 Replies
installgrub(1M)                                                                                                                    installgrub(1M)

NAME
installgrub - install GRUB in a disk partition or a floppy SYNOPSIS
/sbin/installgrub [-fm] stage1 stage2 raw-device The installgrub command is an -only program. GRUB stands for GRand Unified Bootloader. installgrub installs GRUB stage 1 and stage 2 files on the boot area of a disk partition. If you specify the -m option, installgrub installs the stage 1 file on the master boot sector of the disk. The installgrub command accepts the following options: -f Suppresses interaction when overwriting the master boot sector. -m Installs GRUB stage1 on the master boot sector interactively. The installgrub command accepts the following operands: stage1 The name of the GRUB stage 1 file. stage2 The name of the GRUB stage 2 file. raw-device The name of the device onto which GRUB code is to be installed. It must be a character device that is readable and writable. For disk devices, specify the slice where the GRUB menu file is located. (For Solaris it is the root slice.) For a floppy disk, it is /dev/rdiskette. Example 1: Installing GRUB on a Hard Disk Slice The following command installs GRUB on a system where the root slice is c0d0s0: example# /sbin/installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c0d0s0 Example 2: Installing GRUB on a Floppy The following command installs GRUB on a formatted floppy: example# mount -F pcfs /dev/diskette /mnt # mkdir -p /mnt/boot/grub # cp /boot/grub/* /mnt/boot/grub # umount /mnt # cd /boot/grub # /sbin/installgrub stage1 stage2 /dev/rdiskette /boot/grub Directory where GRUB files reside. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ boot(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), kernel(1M), attributes(5) Installing GRUB on the master boot sector (-m option) overrides any boot manager currently installed on the machine. The system will always boot the GRUB in the Solaris partition regardless of which fdisk partition is active. 24 May 2005 installgrub(1M)