Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux File size limitation in the EST 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux Post 302939850 by MadeInGermany on Monday 30th of March 2015 10:07:13 AM
Old 03-30-2015
This is a likely problem. To confirm the current block size:
Code:
dumpe2fs /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01 | grep size

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Size Limitation for a user directory

Hi all, I want to set a size limitation for some user in the system, for an example, each user only have 5MB free space in the system. The user cannot user more than 5 MB space. Is it possible to do this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: felix_koo
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i - File Size Limitation And Number Of Folders Limitation

Hi All, Can anyone please clarify me the following questions: 1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that???? 2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder???? 3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size limitation of unix sort command.

hi , iam trying to sort millions of records which is delimited and i cant able to use sort command more than 60 million..if i try to do so i got an message stating that "File size limit exceeded",Is there any file size limit for using sort command.. How can i solve this problem. thanks ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
7 Replies

4. Linux

File size limitation for rcp

Hi I am trying to rcp a file from Solaris box to Linux. When the file size is 2,205,255,047, the rcp fails with the message Jan 10 01:11:53 hqsas167 rsh: pam_authenticate: error Authentication failed However when I rcp a file with smaller size - 9,434,477 - the rcp completes with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schoubal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size limitation in Tar command

Hi to every body there, I am new this forum and this is my first post. I am a new user of Unix, is there any size limitation of files while creating tar file. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manvar Khan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetchmail - log file size limitation

Hi, I am using fetchmail in my application so as to download mails to the localhost where the application is hosted from the mailserver.Fetchmail is configured as as to run as a daemon polling mails during an interval of 1sec. So my concern here is, during each 2sec it is writing two... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
10 Replies

7. Solaris

How to extend 2 GB file size limitation

Hello All, I am using a SunOS machine. My application creates output files for the downstream systems. However output files are restricted to 2GB of file size in SunOS due to which I am forced to create multiple files which is not supported by the downstream due to some limitations. Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasupuleti81
5 Replies

8. Linux

File size limitation in Linux

Hi friends, I tried to take a backup of my PC using tar command. But it ended with an error tar: /home/backup/back.tar.gz: Cannot write: No space left on device tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now But i checked the disk space and there is enough space is available. ]# df Filesystem... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
11 Replies
DUMPE2FS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DUMPE2FS(8)

NAME
dumpe2fs - dump ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem information SYNOPSIS
dumpe2fs [ -bfhixV ] [ -o superblock=superblock ] [ -o blocksize=blocksize ] device DESCRIPTION
dumpe2fs prints the super block and blocks group information for the filesystem present on device. dumpe2fs is similar to Berkeley's dumpfs program for the BSD Fast File System. OPTIONS
-b print the blocks which are reserved as bad in the filesystem. -o superblock=superblock use the block superblock when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -o blocksize=blocksize use blocks of blocksize bytes when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -f force dumpe2fs to display a filesystem even though it may have some filesystem feature flags which dumpe2fs may not understand (and which can cause some of dumpe2fs's display to be suspect). -h only display the superblock information and not any of the block group descriptor detail information. -i display the filesystem data from an image file created by e2image, using device as the pathname to the image file. -x print the detailed group information block numbers in hexadecimal format -V print the version number of dumpe2fs and exit. BUGS
You need to know the physical filesystem structure to understand the output. AUTHOR
dumpe2fs was written by Remy Card <Remy.Card@linux.org>. It is currently being maintained by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@alum.mit.edu>. AVAILABILITY
dumpe2fs is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
e2fsck(8), mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.41.14 December 2010 DUMPE2FS(8)