Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C code question
Top Forums Programming C code question Post 302939847 by drl on Monday 30th of March 2015 08:26:04 AM
Old 03-30-2015
Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
... If someone finds a few hundred lines of C code and doesn't know what it does, why would you mess with it? ...
Especially when there are so few comments ... cheers, drl

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gen. Question - Script calls multiple programs - Return Code Handling?

General Question: If a script calls multiple external programs (external to the script, but still on unix), where do the return codes go? Let's say one of external programs fails, does the entire script fail and send a non-zero return code to the job scheduling software, or is the return code sent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnanasakti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on variable inheritance & code statements

1) I have the below code in concattxnrecords.sh shell script and it is calling the genericVars.sh shell script which is mentioned as below has some code inside it which would intialize some variables in it, now my question is will this shell script would inherit those variable definitions or not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies

3. Programming

Vi question for writing source code

Hi guys, I'm modifying an old f77 code using vi. I'm modifying the code remotely from my windows machine using xming using vi. I'm using tabs to move past the first 6 columns of the code and to keep my loops and if statements neat, but when I hit the tab key, vi displays a big red block which is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rks171
7 Replies

4. Programming

question about server client code in C

If I have two files server.c and client.c, how do you demonstate the client reading something from the server? so say i have a server,c and a client.c file in a unix machine (same folder), and i want the client to connect and write something to server (through the internet), then server returns it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lines of code in egrep question

Hi, I have a question, during my readings it appears that these two variables in the snippet below need to be on the same line to return a “true” answer and listed in the output otherwise it won’t be returned. How can I write this snippet to make it return a “true” if those two variables are on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Python Code Question

I have the following code: #!/usr/bin/env python mylist = def printWithoutNewlines(): for objects in mylist: #print(objects) objects = objects.replace('hello', "hi") print objects When executed, it gives the following output: ## ./loop.py hi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
HTTP::Message(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  HTTP::Message(3)

NAME
HTTP::Message - Class encapsulating HTTP messages SYNOPSIS
package HTTP::Request; # or HTTP::Response require HTTP::Message; @ISA=qw(HTTP::Message); DESCRIPTION
An "HTTP::Message" object contains some headers and a content (body). The class is abstract, i.e. it only used as a base class for "HTTP::Request" and "HTTP::Response" and should never instantiated as itself. The following methods are available: $mess = HTTP::Message->new This is the object constructor. It should only be called internally by this library. External code should construct "HTTP::Request" or "HTTP::Response" objects. $mess->clone() Returns a copy of the object. $mess->protocol([$proto]) Sets the HTTP protocol used for the message. The protocol() is a string like "HTTP/1.0" or "HTTP/1.1". $mess->content([$content]) The content() method sets the content if an argument is given. If no argument is given the content is not touched. In either case the previous content is returned. $mess->add_content($data) The add_content() methods appends more data to the end of the current content buffer. $mess->content_ref The content_ref() method will return a reference to content buffer string. It can be more efficient to access the content this way if the content is huge, and it can even be used for direct manipulation of the content, for instance: ${$res->content_ref} =~ s/foo/bar/g; $mess->headers; Return the embedded HTTP::Headers object. $mess->headers_as_string([$endl]) Call the as_string() method for the headers in the message. This will be the same as: $mess->headers->as_string but it will make your program a whole character shorter :-) All unknown "HTTP::Message" methods are delegated to the "HTTP::Headers" object that is part of every message. This allows convenient access to these methods. Refer to HTTP::Headers for details of these methods: $mess->header($field => $val); $mess->push_header($field => $val); $mess->init_header($field => $val); $mess->remove_header($field); $mess->scan(&doit); $mess->date; $mess->expires; $mess->if_modified_since; $mess->if_unmodified_since; $mess->last_modified; $mess->content_type; $mess->content_encoding; $mess->content_length; $mess->content_language $mess->title; $mess->user_agent; $mess->server; $mess->from; $mess->referer; $mess->www_authenticate; $mess->authorization; $mess->proxy_authorization; $mess->authorization_basic; $mess->proxy_authorization_basic; COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1995-2001 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. libwww-perl-5.65 2001-11-15 HTTP::Message(3)