Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C code question
Top Forums Programming C code question Post 302939835 by Don Cragun on Monday 30th of March 2015 03:07:55 AM
Old 03-30-2015
Absolutely nothing. A C program starts in the function main(). This program has no main(). So, presumably, this is a set of library routines that will be linked into a larger program to perform some series of operations.

If someone finds a few hundred lines of C code and doesn't know what it does, why would you mess with it? Why should we play a guessing game like this when you give us no context as to what input it gets, what output it produces, and what documentation comes with it describing what it is supposed to do?

Do you have some other code that is linked with this code to produce a program? How does that program call the code in this file?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gen. Question - Script calls multiple programs - Return Code Handling?

General Question: If a script calls multiple external programs (external to the script, but still on unix), where do the return codes go? Let's say one of external programs fails, does the entire script fail and send a non-zero return code to the job scheduling software, or is the return code sent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnanasakti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on variable inheritance & code statements

1) I have the below code in concattxnrecords.sh shell script and it is calling the genericVars.sh shell script which is mentioned as below has some code inside it which would intialize some variables in it, now my question is will this shell script would inherit those variable definitions or not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies

3. Programming

Vi question for writing source code

Hi guys, I'm modifying an old f77 code using vi. I'm modifying the code remotely from my windows machine using xming using vi. I'm using tabs to move past the first 6 columns of the code and to keep my loops and if statements neat, but when I hit the tab key, vi displays a big red block which is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rks171
7 Replies

4. Programming

question about server client code in C

If I have two files server.c and client.c, how do you demonstate the client reading something from the server? so say i have a server,c and a client.c file in a unix machine (same folder), and i want the client to connect and write something to server (through the internet), then server returns it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lines of code in egrep question

Hi, I have a question, during my readings it appears that these two variables in the snippet below need to be on the same line to return a “true” answer and listed in the output otherwise it won’t be returned. How can I write this snippet to make it return a “true” if those two variables are on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Python Code Question

I have the following code: #!/usr/bin/env python mylist = def printWithoutNewlines(): for objects in mylist: #print(objects) objects = objects.replace('hello', "hi") print objects When executed, it gives the following output: ## ./loop.py hi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
wibble-test-genrunner(1)				      General Commands Manual					  wibble-test-genrunner(1)

NAME
wibble-test-genrunner - Code generator for wibble testsuites. SYNOPSIS
wibble-test-genrunner header <file> wibble-test-genrunner main <files> DESCRIPTION
The program generates .cpp files that are then compiled and linked into a test program for running tests from .test.h files. Examples of such .test.h files may be found among wibble headers, eg. /usr/include/wibble/regexp.test.h. In the first form, the program processes a single header file (usually of the form foo.test.h) and produces a corresponding .cpp file to be compiled. In the second form, it takes as <files> all the .test.h headers and produces a single main.cpp which contains the main() function of the test program, which then runs all the tests in all the .test.h files. The generated source code is always written to standard output and it is left up to the user to redirect it to a meaningful location. The program currently has no options other than the two forms above. The program is intended to be run as part of build process of programs or libraries using the wibble testing framework. For convenient use from CMake, there is a test.cmake script under /usr/share/wibble, that takes care of producing all the .cpp files (both per-header and the main one), compiling them and linking them into a single binary which executes the testsuite. AUTHOR
Petr Rockai <me@mornfall.net> wibble-test-genrunner(1)