Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move File Containing More Than two "-" at 3rd Line To New Directory Post 302939805 by Nexeu on Sunday 29th of March 2015 10:23:29 AM
Old 03-29-2015
Code:
Untitleds-MacBook-Pro:~ Nexeu$ awk 'FNR==3 && 1<gsub ("/", "&") {printf "%s%c", FILENAME, "\000"}' /Users/Nexeu/Documents/TEST/killer.txt | xargs -0 echo mv -t /Users/Nexeu/Documents/IPA
mv -t /Users/Nexeu/Documents/Dictionary/IPA /Users/Nexeu/Documents/TEST/killer.txt
Untitleds-MacBook-Pro:~ Nexeu$

The command is executed successfully but the file still remains at the initial folder. I want to move those that has words more than two - so I tested on file containing this content

Code:
****** killer ******

[test-test-test-test]  
/ˈkɪl ər/
IPA Syllables
    * Examples
    * Word Origin
  noun
a person or thing that kills.
killer whale.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script works well but displays " line 6: =: No such file or directory"

strange :) can you tell why?:cool: #!/bin/bash echo " enter your age " read age if ; then echo " you do not have to pay tax " elif ]; then echo " you are eligible for income tax " else echo " you dont have to pay tax " fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look for file size greater than "0" of specific pattern and move those to another directory

Hi , i have some files of specific pattern ...i need to look for files which are having size greater than zero and move those files to another directory.. Ex... abc_0702, abc_0709, abc_782 abc_1234 ...etc need to find out which is having the size >0 and move those to target directory..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a line containg "char" above line containing "xchar"

Okay, so I have a rather large text file and will have to process many more and this will save me hours of work. I'm not very good at scripting, so bear with me please. Working on Linux RHEL I've been able to filter and edit and clean up using sed, but I have a problem with moving lines. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rex007can
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
ASMC(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   ASMC(4)

NAME
asmc -- device driver for the Apple System Management Console (SMC) SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device asmc Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): asmc_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The asmc driver controls the Apple System Management Console (SMC for short) found on Intel Apple systems. The SMC is known to be found on the following systems: o MacBook o MacBook Pro o Intel MacMini o Mac Pro o MacBook Air o Intel iMac With this driver, you can configure your keyboard backlight brightness, check temperatures of several sensors, check the speed of the inter- nal fans and check the status of the Sudden Motion Sensor. Variables related to the SMC control and inspection are exported via sysctl(3) under the device tree dev.asmc. KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT
On MacBook Pro systems, you can control the keyboard brightness by writing a value to the dev.asmc.%d.light.control sysctl MIB. The following sysctl MIBs contains the raw value returned by the left and right light sensors: dev.asmc.%d.light.left or dev.asmc.%d.light.right. TEMPERATURES
The number of temperature sensors and their description varies among systems. You can inspect the temperature sensors on your system by traversing the dev.asmc.temp sysctl MIB. All values are in degrees celsius. SYSTEM FANS
The dev.asmc.fan.%d sysctl tree contains the leaf nodes speed, safespeed, minspeed, maxspeed and targetspeed. Each of these leaf nodes rep- resent the current fan speed, the safest minimum fan speed, the minimum speed and the maximum speed respectively. All values are in RPM. SUDDEN MOTION SENSOR
The Sudden Motion Sensor (SMS for short) is a device that detects laptop movement and notifies the operating system via an interrupt. The sysctl MIBs present under dev.asmc.sms all relate to the SMS. The most interesting usage of this device is to park the disk heads when the laptop is moved harshly. First, you need to install ataidle(8) (ports/sysutils/ataidle) and then configure devd(8) the following way: notify 0 { match "system" "ACPI"; match "subsystem" "asmc"; action "/usr/local/sbin/ataidle -s X Y"; }; Do not forget to change the X and Y values in the command above. Also, please note that parking the disk heads too many times can dramatically reduce your hard drive's life span. Do not rely solely on the SMS to protect your hard drive: good care and common sense can increase your hard drive's life. SEE ALSO
ataidle(8) (ports/sysutils/ataidle), devd(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The asmc driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
Rui Paulo <rpaulo@FreeBSD.org> (Google Summer of Code project) BUGS
Support for the latest models was never tested and is most likely not fully working. BSD
July 27, 2009 BSD