Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Postfix Dovecot Roundcube Godaddy Post 302939492 by Neo on Wednesday 25th of March 2015 11:26:29 PM
Old 03-26-2015
You need to login to your domain registrar and insure the registered DNS name servers for your domain are pointing to your DNS name server.

Then you need to login to your DNS name server provider and make sure you have your correct A and MX records set up for your mail server.

You need to be aware that DNS records have TTL (Time-To-Live) configurations, so you should set this very fast (must less than one hour, maybe a just a few minutes) when experimenting with new configurations.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

postfix - reinject mail to postfix from hold queue directory

hi all. Am using smtpd_recipient_restrictions & check_recipient_access in postfix. The hash file looks like this: emailaddress1 HOLD emailaddress2 HOLD The aim is to place email from these recipients in the hold directory,check them then reinject them back in postfix on some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with Postfix config issue - How to allow remote Exchange server to relay to my postfix

Hi guys One of our clients have a problem with sending email to a certain domain. No matter what we try, the mails just dont get delivered. What I did then, is created a new connector on their Exchange server, pointing all mail sent to their client at "domain1" to relay to our Postfix mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

SMTP authentication on Postfix/Dovecot on CentOS

Hi, I did setup one E-mail Server with postfix/dovecot/squirrelmail on CentOS 5.x and is working fine. I did configure SMTP authentication (without TSL/SSL) so that users from outside can send emails via our email server with SMTP auth. One weird issue i'm getting is that it's working from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Postfix: Active Directory and postfix alias

I have a mailserver with postfix i want to alias all mail for administrator@domain.fqdn to root@domain.fqdn I have the aliases configured,and i did newliases but doesn't work. How to did this?Postfix is configured for virtual domain on ad server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Ssl+compression+postfix/dovecot

Hello everybody. For security reason, i need to disable compression on ssl/tls for postfix (2.6.6-2.2.el6_1) port 25 and 587(submission port) and dovecot (2.0.9-2.el6_1.1) for imaps and pops. my server running centos 6.4 and openssl 1.0.0-25.el6_3.1. I someone know how to do it? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eni
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email server setup - basic help; tutorial for debian/Postfix/dovecot

Hello, I have been trying to setup a email server here at home, for me and a few friends. Nothing fancy, just a super basic - but secure - email server. I have been having trouble over the course of the past 2-3 weeks fumbling through various online tutorials. It shouldn't be SO hard =) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalisco
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a KSH file from VPS on Godaddy

i have looked for a week and tried a few things, but nothing seems to work so joined here. I have a go daddy account and also a vps in germany. In my vps, i run a code script (we will call it codegen) when i run ./codegen i get my question of how many codes do i want to make. With my answer... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uksatman
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wget Cronjob, Godaddy.

Hello, I'm trying to automate a wget cronjob for Php 5.4 on Wordpress - using Cpannel on a linux server hosted by Godaddy. Below is the command I'm using, which isn't working. wget -q -O "/wp-cron.php?import_key=&import_id=&action=trigger" >/dev/null 2>&1 ========== EDIT Thank you so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: embus
5 Replies
DOVEADM-AUTH(1) 						      Dovecot							   DOVEADM-AUTH(1)

NAME
doveadm-auth - Test authentication for a user SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] auth [-a auth_socket_path] [-x auth_info] user [password] DESCRIPTION
The auth command can be used to test the authentication for the given user. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a auth_socket_path This option is used to specify an absolute path to an alternative UNIX domain socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/auth-client. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. -x auth_info auth_info specifies additional conditions for the auth command. The auth_info option string has to be given as name=value pair. For multiple conditions the -x option could be supplied multiple times. Possible names for the auth_info are: service The service for which the authentication lookup should be tested. The value may be the name of a service, commonly used with Dovecot. For example: imap, pop3 or smtp. lip The local IP address (server) for the test. rip The remote IP address (client) for the test. lport The local port, e.g. 143 rport The remote port, e.g. 24567 ARGUMENTS
user The user's login name. Depending on the configuration, the login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. password Optionally the user's password. doveadm(1) will prompt for the password, if none was given. EXAMPLE
This example demonstrates an imap authentication test for user john, assuming the user is connected from the host with the IP address 192.0.2.143. doveadm auth -x service=imap -x rip=192.0.2.143 john johns_password passdb: john auth succeeded extra fields: user=john REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveconf(1) Dovecot v2.1 2010-06-09 DOVEADM-AUTH(1)