Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add text in front of variable Post 302939180 by Corona688 on Monday 23rd of March 2015 01:22:25 PM
Old 03-23-2015
I have absolutely no idea why your output file contains the text printf.

Please show exactly what you are doing to get this output, word for word, letter for letter, keystroke for keystroke.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - add backslash in front of variables w/ spaces

Hello, Im writing a script that works by recursively going into directories with find. But I have some directories that have spaces in them.. so I need to parse the variables to add a backslash before the spaces. Im not exactly sure how how to do this in bash, and honestly I dont think I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to add a word in front a of each line of a file

Hi, Can anybody help me how to add a word in front of a line in a file.Actually it is bit tricky to add a word. i will give a sample for this: Input : 1110001 ABC DEF 1110001 EFG HIJ 1110001 KLM NOP 1110002 QRS RST 1110002 UVW XYZ Output: %HD% 1110001 ABC DEF %DT% 1110001 EFG HIJ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: Extracting text between first occurance of foo in front of bar

Suppose I have a text file that contains the tags <foo> and <bar>. The text file can have unlimted occurances of <foo> and <bar> and looks somthing like this: <foo> Some Text <foo> Some Text <bar> Some Text <foo> Some (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How join line and add | in front

Hello, Did any one know how to use perl join line and add | in front Input--> timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; a; b; c; ddaa; timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; aa; bb; cc; Output--> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert predefine text in front and on a loop

Hi Experts, I wish to insert predefined text in front of every line and this needs to be in a loop because it is always expanding. Before : 11111111 22222222 33333333 44444444 55555555 77777777 88888888 00000000 To be Inserted : a= b= (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: masayangbata
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add single digit in front of the word and line in the file.

Hi , how to add the single digit to front of the word and front of the lines in the one file with compare pattern file and get digit. like example pattern file pattern.txt pattern num bala 2 raja 3 muthu 4 File Name: chennai.dat muthu is good boy raja is bad boy selvam in super... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

8. Linux

How to add \ in front of $ in a script with vi?

Please help to provide command in vi to add \ in front of $ so it does not interpret next character. rm interfaces/DART/WEB-INF/classes/DART/util/TotalDisconnectUtil$1.class rm interfaces/DART/WEB-INF/classes/DART/util/TotalDisconnectUtil$2.class rm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ywu081006
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to skip lines find text and add text based on number

I am trying to use awk skip each line with a ## or # and check each line after for STB= and if that value in greater than or = to 0.8, then at the end of line the text "STRAND BIAS" is written in else "GOOD". So in the file of 4 entries attached. awk tried: awk NR > "##"' "#" -F"STB="... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to add space in front of cat values?

Hi, Hope you are all doing fine. The problem today i faced during my coding was i wanted to add a space equals to a tab character in front of all the lines which i am cat using tee command. Main file contents mainfile ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
4 Replies
VOIKKOSPELL(1)						      General Commands Manual						    VOIKKOSPELL(1)

NAME
voikkospell - test program for Voikko spell checker SYNOPSIS
voikkospell [options] DESCRIPTION
voikkospell is a test program for spell checking functionality in libvoikko, library of Finnish language tools. It reads words from stdin (one word on a line) and print them to stdout, adding "C: " in front of correct words and "W: " in front of incorrect words. Common options of different Voikko test programs are listed in COMMON OPTIONS. OPTIONS
-m In addition to spelling result, prints morphological analysis info (A:) for recognized words. -M Prints morphological analysis info (A:) for recognized words without displaying spelling result. -t Prints only "C" or "W" instead of typical full output. -tt Prints only misspelled words. -s Prints suggestions (S:) for incorrectly spelled words. -cn Set cache size parameter to n. -1 disables the cache and 0 is the default. For checking large amounts of unsorted text you may want to set n to 5 to get better performance. -j n Use n threads for spell checking. When more than one thread is used checking is performed using large internal buffers which is why this mode should only be used for batch processing. -xc Like voikkospell -s but output is printed on one line separated by character c without "C", "W" or "S" in front of the words. If c is not defined words are separated by space and suggestions that have spaces in them are not printed. -l Prints a list of available dictionary variants and exits. The first variant is the default to be used when no specific variant has been requested. ignore_nonwords=n accept_first_uppercase=n accept_extra_hyphens=n accept_missing_hyphens=n ocr_suggestions=n Set the value of the specified boolean option. n can be either 0 (false) or 1 (true). COMMON OPTIONS
-p directory (voikkospell, voikkohyphenate, voikkogc) Look from directory before the standard locations when searching for dictionary files. -d variant (voikkospell, voikkohyphenate, voikkogc) Use dictionary variant variant instead of the default dictionary variant. The variant must be represented as a BCP 47 language tag. ignore_dot=n (voikkospell, voikkohyphenate) ignore_numbers=n (voikkospell, voikkohyphenate) Set the value of the specified boolean option. n can be either 0 (false) or 1 (true). -h, --help Print a help message and exit. --version Print version numbers for libvoikko and the test tool. AUTHOR
voikkospell and this manual page were written by Harri Pitkanen (hatapitk@iki.fi). 2012-02-27 VOIKKOSPELL(1)