Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lookup horizontally and vertically and calculate counts Post 302939095 by jianp83 on Sunday 22nd of March 2015 03:39:11 PM
Old 03-22-2015
Yes, the numerator is the minor base count, or the second highest base count.,,

Code:
M1 it is T (2)
M2 and M3 , the highest   and the second highest are the same , so its 4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a horizontal word vertically.

Say I have the word: zinger I want to change it to print z i n g e r This is for a sorting algorithm that I am testing out. I will then use sort on the vertical and change it back to horizontal printing using tr. Once it is horizontal again, I can compare that sorted jumble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJ
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending two files vertically

Hi Need ur help for the below question. I have two files File-1 & File-2. File-1(This is a fixed file i.e. the content of this file is not going to change over a period of time) ------ a b c d e File-2 (This is a file which changes daily but the record count remains the same)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 46019
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in reading a file horizontally and printing vertically

Hi Every body, I have file which has enttries, with each 5 entries as a set of entries, I would like to read the file (line by line) and print five entries of a set vertically, the next entry should come in the next line. Example: cat sample_file I am a Unix Adminsitrator new to shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aruveiv
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL output vertically aligned?

I used the SQL query (taken from other threads here) to get the expected values to be written into a file. myQuery=`sqlplus -s cr_appsrvr/appsrvr@qwi << EndofFile set heading off; set tab off; set wrap off; set pages 0; set feedback off; SELECT CLEARINGHOUSE_TRACE_NUM, INSURED_ID FROM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swame_sp
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting characters vertically

I do have a big file in the following format >A1 ATGCGG >A2 TCATGC >A3 -TGCTG The number of characters will be same under each subheader and only possible characters are A,T,G,C and - I want to count the number of A's, T's,G's, C's & -'s vertically for all the positions so that I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculation of column both horizontally and vertically

Hi ALL I have this data ail,UTT,id1_0,COMBO,21,24,21,19 al,UTHAST,id1_0,COMBO,342,390,361,361 dmo,UTST,id1_0,COMBO,21,15,22,23 vne,UAST,id1_0,COMBO,345,372,390,393 I wan the sum of column 5,6,7 & 8 both horizontal and vertical. There is one more prob the column keeps on increasing... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Delimited Line and Display Vertically

Hello All, I am trying to take a colon-delimited line from a bunch of lines such as apple:green:5cents:CA apple:red:4cents:FL orange:green:6cents:HI ...and display it vertically with label prefixes such as the following; Fruit: apple Color: green Price: 5cents Origin: CA So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techieg
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Orienting select choices vertically

From my script #!/bin/bash echo "Which of these does not belong in the group?"; \ select choice in Mercedes Audi Chevrolet Audi Porsche BMW Volkswagen; do if ]; then echo "Correct! Chevrolet is not a German marque."; break; fi echo "Errr...no. Try again." doneI'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
3 Replies
lpusers(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       lpusers(1M)

NAME
lpusers - set printing queue priorities SYNOPSIS
lpusers -d priority-level lpusers -q priority-level -u login-ID-list lpusers -u login-ID-list lpusers -q priority-level lpusers -l DESCRIPTION
The lpusers command sets limits to the queue priority level that can be assigned to jobs submitted by users of the LP print service. The first form of the command (with -d) sets the system-wide priority default to priority-level, where priority-level is a value of 0 to 39, with 0 being the highest priority. If a user does not specify a priority level with a print request (see lp(1)), the default priority level is used. Initially, the default priority level is 20. The second form of the command (with -q and -u) sets the default highest priority-level (0-39) that the users in login-ID-list can request when submitting a print request. The login-ID-list argument may include any or all of the following constructs: login-ID A user on any system system_name!login-ID A user on the system system_name system_name!all All users on system system_name all!login-ID A user on all systems all All users on all systems Users that have been given a limit cannot submit a print request with a higher priority level than the one assigned, nor can they change a request that has already been submitted to have a higher priority. Any print requests submitted with priority levels higher than allowed will be given the highest priority allowed. The third form of the command (with -u) removes any explicit priority level for the specified users. The fourth form of the command (with -q) sets the default highest priority level for all users not explicitly covered by the use of the second form of this command. The last form of the command (with -l) lists the default priority level and the priority limits assigned to users. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d priority-level Set the system-wide priority default to priority-level. -l List the default priority level and the priority limits assigned to users. -q priority-level Set the default highest priority level for all users not explicitly covered. -q priority-level -u login-ID-list Set the default highest priority-level that the users in login-ID-list can request when submitting a print request. -u login-ID-list Remove any explicit priority level for the specified users. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 19 Aug 1996 lpusers(1M)