Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T3-2 Remote control Problem
Operating Systems Solaris T3-2 Remote control Problem Post 302938958 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 20th of March 2015 09:52:39 AM
Old 03-20-2015
Download the java app from the ILOM and start it from the directory where you stored it with /path/to/javaws filename.

Or you can use a ssh connection to the ILOM and start a serial console session with start /SP/console.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote control of cde desktop>?

Does anyone know if there is software out there top allow me to take remote control of a remote CDE desktop like using MS netmeeting? I do not mean mimick the window I mean take over/share the same session. Any help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Installin Suse 11 - Mouse issue using Remote Control

hi guys I want to exhaust all the possibilities so I'm going to ask this here I am installing a Suse 11 on IBM Blade Center using Remote Control. when using this is impossible to use the mouse I see the mouse but I have no control over it I try to move it but no way it moves to fast s no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
3 Replies

3. Linux

SSH remote control question

I am pretty new to linux so forgive me for asking a basic question :P I am using SSH to control 40 machines. What i am trying to do is remotely bash a shell script on each machine. I am using a for loop to bash every script, code as follows. code in host machine runallworkers.sh: ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgsolid
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control characters -weird problem

I am using Korn shell on Linux 2.6x platform , and I am suing the following code to capture the lines which contain CONTROL CHARACTERS in my file : awk '/]/ {print NR}' EROLLMENT_INPUT.txt The problem is that this code shows the file has control characters when the file is in folder A ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
2 Replies

5. AIX

Need to remote control client's ssh session

Is there a way that I can remotely control a user's ssh session so I can see what they are doing and walk them through the problem they are having on my AIX based application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: De@nneG
2 Replies
console(7D)							      Devices							       console(7D)

NAME
console - STREAMS-based console interface SYNOPSIS
/dev/console DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/console refers to the system console device. /dev/console should be used for interactive purposes only. Use of /dev/console for logging purposes is discouraged; syslog(3C) or msglog(7D) should be used instead. The identity of this device depends on the EEPROM or NVRAM settings in effect at the most recent system reboot; by default, it is the ``workstation console'' device consisting of the workstation keyboard and frame buffer acting in concert to emulate an ASCII terminal (see wscons(7D)). Regardless of the system configuration, the console device provides asynchronous serial driver semantics so that, in conjunction with the STREAMS line discipline module ldterm(7M), it supports the termio(7I) terminal interface. SEE ALSO
syslog(3C), termios(3C), ldterm(7M), termio(7I), msglog(7D), wscons(7D) NOTES
In contrast to pre-SunOS 5.0 releases, it is no longer possible to redirect I/O intended for /dev/console to some other device. Instead, redirection now applies to the workstation console device using a revised programming interface (see wscons(7D)). Since the system console is normally configured to be the work station console, the overall effect is largely unchanged from previous releases. See wscons(7D) for detailed descriptions of control sequence syntax, ANSI control functions, control character functions and escape sequence functions. SunOS 5.10 23 Apr 1999 console(7D)