Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find if a directory exist from a list of the path Post 302938837 by steiner on Thursday 19th of March 2015 09:42:18 AM
Old 03-19-2015
Check directory exists

Hello,

Thanks

it works nice

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the files without directory path

Hi I am writing a script to find the list of files in dir1 and my script is place in dir2 while doing ls of files dir1 it is displaying with path. I would like to omit the path and display the only file name so that I can pass it to my script as arguments. for filename in ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To list all the files created today with directory path

Hi, Can any one tell the command to list all the files that are created as of today from all the directories? The Command "ls -ltR" is listing all the files. But I want the list of files that has been created as of today along with the directory path:) Thank you in advance.:) Regards,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetusha.b
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a path within unix root directory

I need to know whether nyfile/mypath exists on the file system in the root directory. How to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find if file exist in directory using *

Hi, I know how to use the test command ( ...) to find a single given name file. However, I have a case in which I have a directory with one file and one sub-directory. I know that the file starts with "fub". The command doesn't work if i call the file "fub*" as it doesn't understand I meant a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buj
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find exact path of a file/directory

Hello Folks, A wrapper takes an argument of file or directory name. I want to allow paths that reside within the current directory only. Can simply discard the paths like "/A" & "../" as they go outside the current by looking at the path beginning. How to validate this one: A/../../../b... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

a little help with find and directory path for application

Just a little backgroud, I have a library of mp3 files in the following structure: /mp3/artist/album/track.mp3 Also contained in each album directory is a cover.jpg which contains the cover art file for that particular album. I want to add the cover.jpg to the mp3 tag and have been using... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find + move if destination path does not exist

hi frnds, please help ... what will happen with below command if destination path does not exist on the system.... find /var/adm/cft* -mtime +1 -exec mv {} /global/ \ in unix its remove all my files from the system from soruce file ... how is it possbile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file and zip without including directory path

Does anyone know of a way to zip the resulting file from a find command? My approach below finds the file and zips the entire directory path, which is not what I need. After scanning the web, it seems to be much easier to perform gzip, but unfortunately the approach must use zip. find `$DIR`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koeji
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A file or directory in the path does not exist

I'm brand new to AIX and I looked up how to print this file and it was working but now I'm not able to do it all of a sudden. the file name is rom1.txt so this is what i wrote in the command line and I know I'm in the right directory. In bold is what I seem to be messing up with. prod @ root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark0Prince
3 Replies
pthread_get_nice_np(3T) 												   pthread_get_nice_np(3T)

NAME
pthread_get_nice_np(), pthread_set_nice_np() - get or set the nice value of a thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread The thread whose nice value is to be set/retrieved. nice_val Value of nice to be applied to the target thread is returned (get function) or it specifies the new value of nice for thread (set function). DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to set and retrieve the nice value of an individual thread. returns the current nice value setting of the target thread and stores it in nice_val. adds the value of nice_val to the current nice value of the target thread. A thread's nice value is a non-negative number. The system imposes a minimum nice value of 0 and a maximum of 39 with lower nice values providing more favorable scheduling. If calling results in a nice value outside the range of 0 to 39, the value will be set to the nearest limit. A process must have appropriate privileges to lower a thread's nice value. The function allows individual threads in the process to have different nice values. returns the current nice value less 20 and will be in the range -20 to +19. The nice value of only system scope threads can be changed. An attempt to change the nice value of a process-scope thread will result in a return value of Calling on a thread that has a scheduling policy other than will have an effect only when the thread's scheduling policy changes to If a thread calls the system call to create a new process, the new process inherits the process-level nice value. Calling to create a new thread will result in the new thread inheriting the creating thread's nice value. Note If the nice value of the entire process is changed through or all the threads in the process will have their nice values reset to the new process-level nice value. The new process's nice value setting overwrites the old thread's setting. Thus its possible that a thread whose nice value had been set higher than the process-level nice value have its nice value lowered as a result of the process-level re-nicing. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the and functions return the corresponding error: A process-scope thread was specified. The caller does not have permission to lower the nice value specified in nice_val. No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
fork(2), nice(2), setpriority(2), pthread_attr_getschedpolicy(3T), pthread_setschedparam(3T). Pthread Library pthread_get_nice_np(3T)