Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find if a directory exist from a list of the path Post 302938832 by RudiC on Thursday 19th of March 2015 09:15:58 AM
Old 03-19-2015
Given this path list
Code:
ccc_name
cdd_name
cee_name

in file, you can assemble all the paths in one variable with
Code:
while read TMP; do PVar+="/aaa/bbb/ccc/$TMP/ddd "; done <file
echo $PVar 
/aaa/bbb/ccc/ccc_name/ddd /aaa/bbb/ccc/cdd_name/ddd /aaa/bbb/ccc/cee_name/ddd

and use this variable for the find command:
Code:
find $PVar -empty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the files without directory path

Hi I am writing a script to find the list of files in dir1 and my script is place in dir2 while doing ls of files dir1 it is displaying with path. I would like to omit the path and display the only file name so that I can pass it to my script as arguments. for filename in ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To list all the files created today with directory path

Hi, Can any one tell the command to list all the files that are created as of today from all the directories? The Command "ls -ltR" is listing all the files. But I want the list of files that has been created as of today along with the directory path:) Thank you in advance.:) Regards,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetusha.b
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a path within unix root directory

I need to know whether nyfile/mypath exists on the file system in the root directory. How to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find if file exist in directory using *

Hi, I know how to use the test command ( ...) to find a single given name file. However, I have a case in which I have a directory with one file and one sub-directory. I know that the file starts with "fub". The command doesn't work if i call the file "fub*" as it doesn't understand I meant a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buj
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find exact path of a file/directory

Hello Folks, A wrapper takes an argument of file or directory name. I want to allow paths that reside within the current directory only. Can simply discard the paths like "/A" & "../" as they go outside the current by looking at the path beginning. How to validate this one: A/../../../b... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

a little help with find and directory path for application

Just a little backgroud, I have a library of mp3 files in the following structure: /mp3/artist/album/track.mp3 Also contained in each album directory is a cover.jpg which contains the cover art file for that particular album. I want to add the cover.jpg to the mp3 tag and have been using... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find + move if destination path does not exist

hi frnds, please help ... what will happen with below command if destination path does not exist on the system.... find /var/adm/cft* -mtime +1 -exec mv {} /global/ \ in unix its remove all my files from the system from soruce file ... how is it possbile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file and zip without including directory path

Does anyone know of a way to zip the resulting file from a find command? My approach below finds the file and zips the entire directory path, which is not what I need. After scanning the web, it seems to be much easier to perform gzip, but unfortunately the approach must use zip. find `$DIR`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koeji
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A file or directory in the path does not exist

I'm brand new to AIX and I looked up how to print this file and it was working but now I'm not able to do it all of a sudden. the file name is rom1.txt so this is what i wrote in the command line and I know I'm in the right directory. In bold is what I seem to be messing up with. prod @ root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark0Prince
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD