Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZFS ACLS and vim
Operating Systems Solaris ZFS ACLS and vim Post 302938819 by achenle on Thursday 19th of March 2015 06:52:15 AM
Old 03-19-2015
What OS are you running VIM on?
This User Gave Thanks to achenle For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Vim

How do I use compilers and syntax highlighting in (g)Vim? Specifically, I need a Common Lisp compiler and a C++ compiler. Thanks in advance! (Note: Disregard my other topic.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: led3234
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing UGO to ACLs on a file

Hello, I have a directory and a list of files in it on which I'd like to set ACLs and quota. To set ACLs regarding the UGO rights set at the moment, I haven't found any other way than grabbing the UGO rights set on the file with a shell cut command and then applying setfacl commands to that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davchris
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Squid acls

Hi guys, There is a line in squid default configuration: # Deny CONNECT to other than secure SSL ports http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports acls are applied from top down, so CONNECT acl will deny access to all non SSL and SSL ports. I mean it never reaches the second access rule. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Chmod overiding default ACLs.

Afternoon all, This should be a simple task. I have set up default acls on a directory to allow user user1 to read it. This directory is owned by root:root. setfacl -d -m u:user1:rx /directory I also did via the group. This works fine, new files made by root are readable. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoop6060
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does regular Linux installation in fact uses any ACLs in any file/dir?

Hi everybody As the title says I wonder if the usual (in my case Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) linux installation root does in fact uses any of the ACLs possible extensions in any of its files/dirs I ask this because I usually use tar to backup the entire root (in offline) with a command like this (root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: man-walking
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

ACLs - How can i create new executable files

Hello experts, I would like to know if is possible to create a default acl rule to a directory. in this directory all files created should have executable permissions by the group IT. i tried setfacl -m d:g:it:rwx /files tried to change the mask setfacl -m m::rwx /files but i still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: berveglieri
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Is there limit on number of ACLs' per directory in Redhat

I work on a distribution application on Linux which generates bulk reference data extract feeds and stores them on a Linux server. I have several consumer applications access the files stored on this Linux server using FTPS protocol. However in order for consumer applications to have access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
2 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to set ACLs on sulog - need to grant read permission to a normal user on AIX 6.1

Hi, I need to grant read permission to a normal user on sulog file on AIX 6.1. As root I did acledit sulog and aclget shows "extended permissions" as "enabled" and normal user "splunk" has read permissions. When I try to access sulog as splunk user it won't allow and aclget for splunk user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
volmgt_running(3VOLMGT) 				Volume Management Library Functions				   volmgt_running(3VOLMGT)

NAME
volmgt_running - return whether or not volume management is running SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lvolmgt [ library ... ] #include <volmgt.h> int volmgt_running(void); DESCRIPTION
This function is obsolete. The management of removable media by the Volume Management feature, including vold, has been replaced by soft- ware that supports the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL). Programmatic support for HAL is through the HAL APIs, which are documented on the HAL web site. See hal(5). volmgt_running() tells whether or not Volume Management is running. RETURN VALUES
volmgt_running() always returns 0 indicating Volume Management (as implemented by vold) is not running. ERRORS
volmgt_running() will fail, returning 0, if a stat(2) or open(2) of /dev/volctl fails, or if any of the following is true: ENXIO Volume Management is not running. EINTR An interrupt signal was detected while checking to see if Volume Management was running. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using volmgt_running() To see if Volume Management is running: if (volmgt_running() != 0) { (void) printf("Volume Management is running "); } else { (void) printf("Volume Management is NOT running "); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cc(1B), open(2), stat(2), volmgt_check(3VOLMGT), volmgt_inuse(3VOLMGT), attributes(5), hal(5) NOTES
Volume Management must be running for many of the Volume Management library routines to work. SunOS 5.11 8 Mar 2007 volmgt_running(3VOLMGT)