Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using awk to get folder name and date fields with heading Post 302938792 by Siva SQL on Thursday 19th of March 2015 03:11:57 AM
Old 03-19-2015
HP Using awk to get folder name and date fields with heading

It is on the HP-Unix

Output desired:

Code:
Folder Name   Date
Folder1          Mar 18 10:00
Folder2          Mar 17 12:23

Tried with
Code:
 ls -ldt wp411*  |  awk '{print $9,"\t",$6," ",$7," "$8}'

Please help me with the headings

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-19-2015 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stripping date fields

How would I strip a date field? For example, if I have TODAY defined as the following: TODAY=`date +"%m/%d/%y"`, TODAY is assigned the value 11/01/03 on Nov 1, 2003 How would I strip the first 2 bytes? (11)? Thank you in advance for the help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Latha Nair
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the date fields in Perl

I get the perl date in the following format: Mon Jan 31 06:01:37 2005 How can I extract each field in a single line using a regular expression?? I dont want to use "split". Any other way out?? JP :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join fields comparing 4 fields using awk

Hi All, I am looking for an awk script to do the following Join the fields together only if the first 4 fields are same. Can it be done with join function in awk?? a,b,c,d,8,,, a,b,c,d,,7,, a,b,c,d,,,9, a,b,p,e,8,,, a.b,p,e,,9,, a,b,p,z,,,,9 a,b,p,z,,8,, desired output: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksijain
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting on fields for last date

Hi all, I have a file with a list of rpm's that have different dates. I am trying to just grab the latest rpm and install date, and discard the rest. The file has 1000's of entries all with different names and dates. I have tried sort -k on the file and I am not grabbing the info, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oldest folder based on folder named as date

Hi, I have a script doing backup to synology server, the script create new folder each day with the date as being folder name i.e. 2018-07-30. Just before creating the new folder I want the script to find the oldest folder from the list and delete it including its content. for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
SORTM(1)                                                             [nmh-1.5]                                                            SORTM(1)

NAME
sortm - sort messages SYNOPSIS
sortm [+folder] [msgs] [-datefield field] [-textfield field] [-notextfield] [-limit days] [-nolimit] [-verbose | -noverbose] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Sortm sorts the specified messages in the named folder according to the chronological order of the "Date:" field of each message. The -verbose switch directs sortm to tell the user the general actions that it is taking to place the folder in sorted order. The -datefield field switch tells sortm the name of the field to use when making the date comparison. If the user has a special field in each message, such as "BB-Posted:" or "Delivery-Date:", then the -datefield switch can be used to direct sortm which field to examine. The -textfield field switch causes sortm to sort messages by the specified text field. If this field is "subject", any leading "re:" is stripped off. In any case, all characters except letters and numbers are stripped and the resulting strings are sorted datefield-major, textfield-minor, using a case insensitive comparison. With -textfield field, if -limit days is specified, messages with similar textfields that are dated within `days' of each other appear together. Specifying -nolimit makes the limit infinity. With -limit 0, the sort is instead made textfield-major, date-minor. For example, to order a folder by date-major, subject-minor, use: sortm -textfield subject +folder FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder SEE ALSO
folder(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `msgs"'defaultstoall" `-datefield' defaults to date `-notextfield' `-noverbose' `-nolimit' CONTEXT
If a folder is given, it will become the current folder. If the current message is moved, sortm will preserve its status as current. HISTORY
Timezones used to be ignored when comparing dates: they aren't any more. Messages which were in the folder, but not specified by `msgs', used to be moved to the end of the folder; now such messages are left untouched. Sortm sometimes did not preserve the message numbering in a folder (e.g., messages 1, 3, and 5, might have been renumbered to 1, 2, 3 after sorting). This was a bug, and has been fixed. To compress the message numbering in a folder, use "folder -pack" as always. BUGS
If sortm encounters a message without a date-field, or if the message has a date-field that sortm cannot parse, then sortm attempts to keep the message in the same relative position. This does not always work. For instance, if the first message encountered lacks a date which can be parsed, then it will usually be placed at the end of the messages being sorted. When sortm complains about a message which it can't temporally order, it complains about the message number prior to sorting. It should indicate what the message number will be after sorting. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 SORTM(1)