Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Trouble installing vsftpd builddegs.h compile error Post 302938593 by achenle on Tuesday 17th of March 2015 06:17:52 PM
Old 03-17-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
I do not believe that (old) version of GCC supports the stack protection option. Just delete those compiler options.
Probably easier to upgrade GCC.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Trouble Installing a SCSI Adapter

Okay. I admit I'm sort of a newbie in this regard. I installed a SCSI adapter on a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I did the standard STOP-A on the startup and got the OK prompt. I then tried probe-scsi-all. It dumps me back @ the OK prompt w/ no message whatsoever. I tried probe-scsi, nothing. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Trouble installing solaris 9 on 4500

I have a enterprise 4500 sun box. I installed 2 new 72 gb drives to replace the 2 x 9 gb drives that were in it. I have the solaris 9 install disk in it and when i do a boot cdrom it starts then says: panic - boot: ufsboot: cannot determine filesystem type of root device. Any suggestions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Trouble installing Fast CGI

I'm having trouble installing mod_fastcgi.so, that is I'm having trouble compiling it for a start. it seems every time i use the apxs command I get these errors; gcc: unrecognized option `-Xa' gcc: unrecognized option `-Xa' gcc: unrecognized option `-KPIC' gcc: language ildoff not recognized... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Trouble Installing

I'm trying to install SuSE 7.2 Professional on a IBM Netfinity M10 system. But setup says it can not find a HDD for some reason. It has 6 SCSI HDD installed so I'm not sure why it won't detect them. I am new to servers though and never have used a SCSI device. So if someone could help me out I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iconfixit
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Trouble installing software with swinst

Hello. I am having issues with my HP-UX 10.20 system. It was a functioning system and I don't know where it went awry. Whenever I attempt to use the swinstall or swlist commands, the system hangs and never comes back. This happens whether I use the CDE GUI or via the SIO console. I sometimes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtraff68
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble installing Arachne - possible gcc error? Maybe?

Hi, I am having trouble installing Arachne from the broad institute. I'm using ubuntu through Oracle's VirtualBox. When I use the ./configure command, I do not get any obvious errors. However, the make command always fails. Here is my output for the .configure command and for the make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kblanch
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vsftpd not installing

$ rpm -ivh vsftpd-2.2.2-6.el6.i686.rpm warning: vsftpd-2.2.2-6.el6.i686.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fd431d51: NOKEY error: can't create transaction lock on /var/lib/rpm/.rpm.lock (Permission denied) why is it actually happening am goin nuts plzz help me out :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost101
1 Replies

9. Linux

On Zorin - trouble installing new printer - need help

Hi. I am new to Linux & am using Zorin on my computer. :confused: I had my old printer pack it in & so I had to replace it with my new printer - which is the same make & model as the old one (a newer model only). There is some code name under Printers which I presume to be the old printer. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snookerdoodles
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)