Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 2 lists, show differences plus or minus Post 302938579 by mrlayance on Tuesday 17th of March 2015 03:27:55 PM
Old 03-17-2015
2 lists, show differences plus or minus

Not really sure how to accomplish this. If I have two lists with matching columns. Second column is different. I would like to show the differences plus/minus.

list1

Code:
    device1 5
    decive2 10
    decive3 10
    device4 10
    device5 10
    device6 20

list2

Code:
    device1 10
    decive2 10
    decive3 10
    device4 10
    device5 10
    device6 10

Code:
    device1 5
    device6 -10

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-17-2015 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two text files and Only show the differences

Hi experts, I'mvery new to shell scripting and learning it now currently i am having a problem which may look easy to u :) i have two files File 1: Start :Thu Nov 19 10:33:09 2009 ABCDGFSDJ.txt APDemoNew.ppt APDemoOutline.doc ARDemoNew.ppt ARDemoOutline.doc File 2: Start... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CelvinSaran
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Minus of files

File 1 contains data : CALL_ID SOR_ID SEG_SEQ_NUM CHK_PNT_MENU_TYPE_CD PTNR_ID ACTVN_RTRN_CD PRIM_ACTVN_DCLN_REAS_CD SCNDRY_ACTVN_DCLN_REAS_CD ACTVN_SCCS_IND CARD_ACTVTD_IND MAX_ACTVN_FAILD_ATMP_IND EDW_PUBLN_ID File 2 contains data: PRIM_ACTVN_DCLN_REAS_CD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysvsr1
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to show time minus 60 minutes?

In Redhat it is easy.... date --date="60 minutes ago" How do you do this in Solaris? I got creative and got the epoch time but had problems.. EPOCHTIME=`truss date 2>&1 | grep "time()" | awk '{print $3 - 900}'` echo $EPOCHTIME TIME=`perl -e 'print scalar(localtime("$EPOCHTIME")),... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make diff show differences one line at a time and not group them?

Is there a way to tell diff to show differences one line at a time and not to group them? For example, I have two files: file1: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff line 4 diff line 5 diff line 6 line 7 file2: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff. line 4 diff. line 5 diff. line 6 line 7 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmr11408
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Minus minus to plus

Hi there, I have a problem with arithmetic ops in awk. Here is what my script does right now. while read nr val ; do case $nr in 400) awk '$2~/eigenvectors/ {print $NF-'$val'};' input.txt >> output.txt;; esac done < frames.txtI have a file named frames.txt with two columns (nr and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobias1234
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minus 5 minutes

Hi, I need to subtract 5 minutes from the date. Example $date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H.%M.%S" displays 2014-06-26-06.06.38 I want to show it as 2014-06-26-06.01.38 (5 mins are subtracted from date) Any help would be appreciated. I am currently on AIX version 6.1 -Vrushank (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrupatel
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to tell differences between two lists

Greetings all, I have two output lists from a log that I am working with. Below are the examples. except, the lists are in the thousands. list1.out FEA1234 FEA4343 FEA3453 FEA3413 FEA34A3 FEA3433 .... list2.out FEA1235 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh / AIX - Differences between lists to a text file

This seems pretty simple, but I cant figure it out. I get stumped on the simple things. I am running two commands 1) take a listing a directory of files, and filter out the doc_name (which is in a series of extracted files), and place it in a file. ls -l | awk '{print $9}' | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)