Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk or perl to parse file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk or perl to parse file Post 302938023 by cmccabe on Wednesday 11th of March 2015 11:35:09 AM
Old 03-11-2015
As a stand-alone I get this error:

Code:

awk -f FNR > 1{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) if ($i ~ /^NC_0000/) {n=split($i,a, "[.:>_]") print a[2]+0,a[5]+0,a[5]+0,substr(a[5],length(a[5])), a[n]} } OFS='\t' GJB-2.txt > parse.txt
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Can I make GJB-2.txt ${id}.txt, since the name of the file changes frequently but ${id}.txt should save this change each time? Thank you Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File parse help in Perl

Folks, I have a bit of an issue trying to obtain some data from a csv file using PERL. I can sort the file and remove any duplicates leaving only 4 or 5 rows containing data. My problem is that the data contained in the original file contains a lot more columns and when I try ro run this script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file contents in perl...

Hi, I have the file like this: #Contents of file 1 are: Dec 10 12:33:44 User1 Interface: Probe Dec 10 12:33:47 uSER1 SOME DATA Dec 10 12:33:47 user1 Interface: MSGETYPE Dec 10 12:34:48 user1 ID: 10. Dec 10 12:33:55 user1 Interface: MSGTYPE Dec 10 12:33:55 user1 Id: 9 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (not Perl) to parse xml with awk

Hi, I have to make an script according to these: - I have couples of files like: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.csv xxxxxxxxxxxxx_desc.xml - every xml file has diferent fields, but keeps this format: ........ <defaultName>2011-02-25T16:43:43.582Z</defaultName> ........... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pluff
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Parse a big file

INPUT SAMPLE Symmetrix ID : 000192601507 Masking View Name : TS00P22_13E_1 Last updated at : 05:10:18 AM on Tue Mar 22,2011 Initiator Group Name : 10000000c960b9cd Host Initiators { WWN : 10000000c960b9cd } Port Group Name :... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Parse Hex file into fields

Hi, I want to split/parse certain bits of the hex data into another field. Example: Input data is Word1: 4f72abfd Output: Parse bits (5 to 0) into field word1data1=0x00cd=205 decimal Parse bits (7 to 6) into field word1data2=0x000c=12 decimal etc. Word2: efff3d02 Parse bits (13 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morrbie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file with awk?

Hi guys (and gals). I need some help. I'm running an IVR purely on Asterisk where I capture the DTMFs. After pulsing each DTMF I have Asterisk write to a file with whatever was dialed (mostly used for record-keeping) and at the end of the survey I write all variables in a single line to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulf210
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file using awk

Hi Experts, I am trying to parse the following file; FILEA a|b|c|c|c|c a|b|d|d|d|d e|f|a|a|a|a e|f|b|b|b|boutput expected: a<TAB>b <TAB><TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB> <TAB><TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB> e<TAB>f <TAB><TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB> <TAB><TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to Parse File

Hi all, I have a file that contains a good hundred of these job definitions below: Job Name Last Start Last End ST Run Pri/Xit ________________________________________________________________ ____________________... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticuss
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse through a txt file PERL scripting

Below is a perl code I am trying. #!/usr/bin/perl #use strict; use warnings qw/ all FATAL /; use constant ENV_FILE => '/apps/env_data.txt'; $uenv = $ARGV; my $input = $uenv; open my $fh, '<', ENV_FILE or die sprintf qq{Unable to open "%s" for input: $!}, ENV_FILE; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
2 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)