Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk split command to get the desired result Post 302937569 by emily on Friday 6th of March 2015 09:01:46 AM
Old 03-06-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer
@Emily. What does this have to do with your original question? Please start a new thread for a new topic...
Sorry, It has been moved to separate thread.

regards,
emily.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk command result to a variable

#!/bin/sh # ## MYSTRING = `awk '/myApp.app/' /Users/$USER/Library/Preferences/loginwindow.plist` if then echo String not found defaults write /Users/$USER/Library/Preferences/loginwindow AutoLaunchedApplicationDictionary -dict-add -string Hide -bool YES -string Path -string... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dedmakar
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk command to split file name

Hi I have few files with format access.2Nov-12:15AM. These files will be generated daily . I need to write a script so that if today's date is less than 10 then it has to zip the file and rename it to acess.02Nov-12:15AM.gz .please help me in this . Also please help me in splitting the file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file using awk command.

awk 'FNR == 1 { c = 1 } { print > (f c) } !FNR%n { close(f c); ++c }' n=$files_per_stream f=$input_path/filename_ $input_file $input_file with some records are splitted into files named filename_1,filename_2...etc according to $files_per_stream. Plz help me know how and if anyone has... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptam
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK command to cut the desired header columns

Hi Friends, I have a file1 i want to retrieve only the fields which have DEP,CITY,TRANS as headers in other file. Output: I want to give the input as DEP,CITY,TRANS column names to get the output. i used cut command .. but if i have 300 fileds it is more difficult to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me in getting the desired result

Hi All, I have input file which is pipe delimited A | 1 B | 2 c | 3I need output of displaying total number of lines in a file as last column. A | 1 | 3-----total number of linesin file. B | 2 | 3 c | 3 | 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravinashwin
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to split awk command

Hi, There is an awk command in script and it is running successfully. I want to split that command in 2 lines. I have tried using '\' but its not working.. Please suggest me the solution. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanket Dalvi
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print if found non-desired result

I have a result like this root@server # grep -rl maldet /etc/cron* /etc/cron.d/maldet_daily /etc/cron.d/malcron /etc/cron.d/malcrondaily /etc/cron.d/malcronweekly What I need is, I need an if/else condition such that, if there is any output other than /etc/cron.d/maldet_daily in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command gives incorrect result?

Hi All, I am looking to filter out filesystems which are greter than a specific value. I use the command df -h | awk '$4 >=70.00 {print $4,$5}' But this results out as below, which also gives for lower values. 9% /u01 86% /home 8% /u01/data 82% /install 70% /u01/app Looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use bash command on awk field and output the result

Hello, I want to run a field from an awk command through a command in bash. For example my input file is 1,2,3 20,30,40 60,70,80 I want tot run $2 thought the command date +%d/%m/%y -d"01/01/15 + $2 days -1 day" and get the output 1,02/01/15,3 20,30/01/15,40 60,11/03/15,80 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split and awk calculation in the same command

I am trying to run the awk below. My question is when I split the input, then run anotherawk to perform a calculation using that splitas the input there are no issues. When I try to combine them the output is not correct, is the split not working or did I do it wrong? Thank you :). input ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
pthread_join(3T)														  pthread_join(3T)

NAME
pthread_join() - wait for the termination of a specified thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose termination is awaited by the caller. value_ptr Pointer to the location where the exit status of thread is returned. DESCRIPTION
The function waits for the termination of the target thread. If the target thread has already terminated, this function returns immedi- ately. Only threads created with a detachstate attribute value of may be specified in the target thread parameter. On successful return from the value_ptr argument, if it is not a null pointer, will contain the value passed to by the terminating thread. When a call returns successfully, the caller is guaranteed the target thread has terminated. If more than one thread calls for the same target thread, one thread is guaranteed to return successfully. Undefined behavior results for other callers specifying the same thread. If the thread calling is canceled, the target thread shall not be joined. The exit status of the target thread will remain available for another thread to call If the target thread was canceled, its exit status is It is unspecified whether a thread that has exited, but remains unjoined, counts against the limit. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EDEADLK] This operation would result in process deadlock or thread specifies the calling thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_join(3T)