Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 32bit GTK2 application
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 32bit GTK2 application Post 302937427 by drl on Thursday 5th of March 2015 11:56:18 AM
Old 03-05-2015
Shots in the dark

Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedora18
So, I have a 32 bit gtk2.22 application that I run flawlessly in Fedora 14.
When I compile it on the 32bit machine run it on Fedora 20 64bit machine I get:
This sounds like you are doing cross-compiling: making the executable on F14, then transferring the binary to F20.

If so, then the comments from Corona688 are applicable. There is, what, 6 years difference between F14 and F20? Lots of time for stuff to change.

If I were in this position, I would do the following:

1) Try making a static binary of the executable on F14. That would effectively take the libraries with you. However, if it does dynamic loading, it wil probably still fail.

2) Compile it in 64-bit bit mode on F20.

Like I said, shots in the dark.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Need gtk2 for linux es3

I need to have the ability to read acrobat files on my Red hat linux boxes (enterprise level 3) . however acroread will not install saying i do not have gtk2 (gimp toolkit). Does anyone know where i can either get gtk2 for this linux or where i can get an acrobat reader for this flavour of linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

gtk2-perl load error help

I write this code. It show the first dialog correctly. but, no matter i modify the code(load module by use or require, or something i think maybe error) it can't pop-up anymore. and show this warning. Thanks. (I'm sorry for my English.) Tue Mar 16 17:24:36 2010 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snyh
0 Replies

3. Programming

perl/Gtk2: issue with initializing Gtk2

hi everybody, currently i'm playing with perl and Gtk2. i've found a fairly old but nice looking example of a client/server application which is written in perl and Gtk2. the server part works perfect but i can't start the client part and keep getting following error message: $ ./client-gui.pl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl + Gtk2] Image disappears after scrolling / minimizing window

Hello everyone I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I will try. I want to use Gtk2 in my Perl chart-drawing script, I found a sample code that could be very useful for me somewhere, but I noticed there is one problem with that - when I draw something, and then scroll the window or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xqwzts
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl::Gtk2 on Linux --- How to Find the Default Font Being Used?

Hello All, Wasn't sure if this was the correct thread to post this under but figured it has to do with Perl and Gtk2 so why not... Anyway.. How can I find out what the Default font being used is inside a Gtk2::Widget. In this case I'm trying to figure out the font being used inside a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gtk2-Perl

Hai how to activate (script2)page of a note book in Gtk2-Perl when one script1 is run successfully... Thanks kiran (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gtk2-Perl

Hai how to activate (script2)page of a note book in Gtk2-Perl when one script1 is run successfully... Thanks kiran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran425
1 Replies

8. Fedora

GTK2.22 for Fedora 20

Hi again, I maybe should have posted this question in this forum. I am looking for an RPM for gtk2.22 development for a machine running Fedora 20. I only have the gtk2.22 development binaries for Fedora 14. Anyone know where I could find them? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Support for Unicode in GTK2 and GTK3 file selection box?

I'm on Tiny Core Linux Pure64 10.1. My locale is en_US.UTF-8 and I generally have no trouble with Unicode characters with one exception: When I try to use Unicode characters in GTK applications' file selection box, I get "Invalid file name": http://files.dantas.airpost.net/public/save_file.jpg ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevuanFan
11 Replies
fastbind(1)						      General Commands Manual						       fastbind(1)

NAME
fastbind - Prepare an incomplete executable for faster program start-up SYNOPSIS
incomplete-executable... DESCRIPTION
is a tool that can improve the start-up time of programs that use shared libraries (incomplete executables) by storing information about needed shared library symbols in the executable file. performs analysis on the symbols used to bind an executable and all of it's dependent shared libraries, and stores this information in the executable file. The next time the executable is run, the dynamic loader will notice that this information is available, and it will use this fastbind information to bind the executable instead of the standard search method for binding the symbols. For Itanium-based systems, the dynamic loader is for 32-bit mode or for 64-bit mode. For PA-RISC systems, the dynamic loader is for 32-bit mode or for 64-bit mode. Since writes the fastbind information in the executable file, you must have write permission on the executable file. Also, if the exe- cutable file being analyzed is being run as another process, the file will be locked against modifications by the kernel, and will fail. If the shared libraries that an executable is dependent on are modified after the fastbind information is created, the dynamic loader will silently revert to standard search method for binding the symbols. The fastbind information can be re-created by running on the executable again. will automatically erase the old fastbind information and generate the new one. The option can be used to instruct the linker to run the fastbind tool on an incomplete executable it has produced. Environment Variables If determines that the fastbind information is out of date, it will silently revert to standard search method for binding the symbols. If the environment variable is set to the dynamic loader will emit a warning message when the fastbind information is out of date. The environment variable can be set to to make the dynamic loader ignore the fastbind information and revert to the standard search method for binding the symbols. Options recognizes the following options: Remove the fastbind information from the executable, returning it to the same state it was in before was originally run on it. Normally, if detects any unsatisfied symbols while building the fastbind information, it will generate an error message and not mod- ify the executable file. When is invoked with option however, unresolved symbols are allowed. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables The following internationalization variables affect the execution of Determines the locale category for native language, local customs and coded character set in the absence of and other environment variables. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of (see lang(5)) is used instead of Determines the values for all locale categories and has precedence over and other environment variables. Determines the locale that should be used to affect the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error. Determines the locale category for numeric formatting. Determines the locale category for character handling functions. Determines the location of message catalogs for the processing of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to See envi- ron(5). In addition, the following environment variable affects Specifies a directory for temporary files (see tmpnam(3S)). DIAGNOSTICS
returns zero when the operation is successful. A non-zero return code indicates that an error occurred. EXAMPLES
To run on the executable file enter: To later remove the fastbind information from the executable file enter: WARNINGS
32-bit PA-RISC does not work with EXEC_MAGIC executables. effectively enforces bind restricted and bind immediate. For example, consider an executable linked bind deferred, which calls a function foo() defined in an implicitly loaded library. Before the actual call is made, if it explicitly loads a shared library (using shl_load(3X) with having a definition for when is finally called, it will be resolved from the explicitly loaded library. But after running the symbol will be resolved from the implicitly loaded library. AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. FILES
output file 32-bit PA-RISC dynamic loader 32-bit Itanium-based dynamic loader 64-bit PA-RISC dynamic loader 64-bit Itanium-based dynamic loader message catalog temporary files SEE ALSO
System Tools ld(1) invoke the link editor Miscellaneous a.out(4) assembler, compiler, and linker output dld.sl(5) PA-RISC dynamic loader dld.so(5) Itanium-based dynamic loader Texts and Tutorials