Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy Directory Tree from one Server to Another Post 302937422 by rbatte1 on Thursday 5th of March 2015 11:47:56 AM
Old 03-05-2015
I might suggest a sort after the find then pipe to xargs -n1 mkdir to ensure that directories are created in ascending order so that there is no risk of trying to create /a/b/c/d/e before you create /a/b/c I admit it is unlikely, but possible.

if you are using servers that use backup & restore, fsdump & fsrestore or ufsdump and ufsrestore then you can take a dump and I think there is a way using the interactive restore to generate all the directories ready for data restore, at which point you just cancel. It's been a long time since I used them though. They are on AIX, Solaris etc. I'm not sure if there is a Linux variety.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from fileList.txt, copy files from directory tree

Hi, hopefully this is a fairly simple Q&A. I have a clean file list of approximately 180 filenames with no directory or slashes in front of the filename nor any extension or dot ".". I would like to read from this list, find these files recursively down through directory trees, copy the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy the latest file in the remote server's directory

Hi Expert Team, I performed the below piece of code to copy the latest file in the remote server's directory to the same server's other directory. But it is not working properly. How can i handle this? Can you please help me..? ssh ${REMOTE_USERID}@${REMOTE_HOSTNAME} "cp -p `ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a directory from a server (UNIX) to a PC (Windows)

Hello, I already do some question about this topic. I already establish the conection from the server (Centus) whit the windows PC using SSH. Now I have two problems: 1- The server always ask me about a password to copy the files to the windows pc, I don't know how to avoid this, if someone can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeestrada
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy a tree of directory

Mi question is how can you copy only de three of directory and not the files in it. Only a need the three of directorys not the files (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy directory tree with files

Iam in the process of copying a directory with thousands of directories and files into a new directory. I need to preserve permissions, owner, group, date and timestamps, everything. Iam using AIX and would need help of writing the command whether it is cp-RP or cpio. Apprecaite your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to copy a directory structure from one server to another

Hello All, I have got a dev server and a production server will call it as D server and P server. I have a dir structure in my D server and i need to create the same dir structure in P server also using a shell script. If i do a find . in my D server, i am getting an o/p like :- . ./vio... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific directory parsing in a directory tree

Hi friends, Hello again :) i got stuck in problem. Is there any way to get a special directory from directory tree? Here is my problm.." Suppose i have one fix directory structure "/abc/xyz/pqr/"(this will be fix).Under this directory structure i have some other directory and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy real file from a shortcut preserving the time stamps and directory tree

I have directory with shorcuts of files. for example: gara@yn\short\name1 ( shortcut to gara@yn\FOLDER\OPT\GARA\1.jpg ) gara@yn\short\name2 ( shortcut to gara@yn\FOLDER\OPT\GARA\11.jpg ) gara@yn\short\name3 ( shortcut to gara@yn\MARA\URSA\2.jpg ) gara@yn\short\name4 ( shortcut to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogok_bg
6 Replies
MojoMojo::Formatter::File(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    MojoMojo::Formatter::File(3pm)

NAME
MojoMojo::Formatter::File - format file as XHTML DESCRIPTION
This formatter will format the file argument as XHTML. Usage: {{file TYPE filename}} {{file Text uploads/Files/test.txt}} TYPE is a plugin present in Formatter/File/ directory. Currently there are only three: Pod, DocBook and Text The plugin TYPE format only the file which the extension match with 'can_format' method. Respectively pod, xml and txt for existing plugins. For security reasons the path of file must be include in 'whitelisting' directory. You can use path_to(DIR) to describe directory in mojomojo.conf: Just an example to view the test pod file t/var/files/test.pod : Add this to mojomojo.conf : <Formatter::Dir> prefix_url /myfiles whitelisting __path_to(t/var/files)__ </Formatter::Dir> To see the pod content formatted in xhtml, write in the text area: {{file Pod path_to(t/var/files)test.pod}} To show recursively all files of directory see script/util/dir2mojomojo.pl script. To test it: # start mojomojo ./script/mojomojo_server.pl # run dir2mojomojo script ./script/util/dir2mojomojo.pl --dir=~/dev/mojomojo/t/var/files/ --url=/myfiles Connect to http://server:3000/myfiles/ METHODS
format_content_order Format order can be 1-99. The File formatter runs on 92. format_content Calls the formatter. Takes a ref to the content as well as the context object. plugin Return the plugin to use with file attachment format Return the content formatted checkplugin Return 0 if plugin exist checkfile Directory must be include in whitelisting SEE ALSO
MojoMojo,Module::Pluggable::Ordered AUTHORS
Daniel Brosseau <dab@catapulse.org> LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-04-07 MojoMojo::Formatter::File(3pm)