Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network stand still
Special Forums IP Networking Network stand still Post 302937259 by rsheikh01 on Wednesday 4th of March 2015 01:53:06 PM
Old 03-04-2015
I so appreciate your response and time you used. You are in the correct. The problem was two fold. One due to our location move some NAT policies were not updated. 2nd on the server itself, the nameserver was pointing to the firewall server versus the DNS server. Did the correction in resolv.conf. So far so good. I am curious about your nsswitch and I will look that up.

Once again, thank you!

RSSmilieSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No stand-by, keep on

How do you or what is the setup to keep the (server) up from shutting down? It is not server yet but it might very likely become to serve few clients. But, once I get in in the morning its off. It's Sparc, Solaris 8 and I would like to keep it running over night but once it is not attended it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: softarch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OEM - what does this abbreviation stand for?

Just saw this OEM abbreviation during installation of Solaris 8. I'm curious to know what the letters stand for and what OEM actually is. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just curious, does Unix stand for anything?

If not, where did the name come from? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pudad
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stand alone wants to boot off network

Hello Everybody, I have a Sun Sparc 5 that used to have Solaris 8 on it. I wanted to build my skills at installing the software and then all went wrong for me. This computer is a stand alone, not networked at all. So I got my hands on Solaris 9 Sparc version, I went through the install and at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oilpainter69
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can under stand the script

Hi all, I am working on following script which is already working and i am trying to understand but could not can any body help me in follwoing script. I understand that it deletes record from tables. using DB2 import from /dev/null. I dont know where in second portion it loads the data in to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to under stand the C code

#include <stdio.h> main(t,_,a) char *a; {return!0<t?t<3?main(-79,-13,a+main(-87,1-_, main(-86, 0, a+1 )+a)):1,t<_?main(t+1, _, a ):3,main ( -94, -27+t, a )&&t == 2 ?_<13 ?main ( 2, _+1, "%s %d %d\n" ):9:16:t<0?t<-72?main(_,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain_full
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

What does 'AF' of AF_INET stand for ?

as title. and how is it different from PF_INET ? also, any one knows sin_family , sin_port , sin_addr ..etc ? why are they called 'sin' ? finally, htons() host to network short , htonl() host to network long , ntohs() network to host short , ntohl() network to host long. why would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trapeze
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what does ${VARIABLE:-0} stand for?

Hi all, During reading the code, i met such expressment in a KSH script. I can not figure out what does this mean and don't know how to search it in the web. Could you please check below snippet and let me know what does this mean in a shell script: VARIABLE=1 if ; then .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does the -z expression stand for?

What does - z and {} means if ; then echo "ERROR: \$ARBORDBU environment variable is not set\n" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
8 Replies
ipa-client-automount(1) 					 IPA Manual Pages					   ipa-client-automount(1)

NAME
ipa-client-automount - Configure automount and NFS for IPA SYNOPSIS
ipa-client-automount [OPTION]... <location> DESCRIPTION
Configures automount for IPA. The automount configuration consists of three files: o /etc/nsswitch.conf o /etc/sysconfig/autofs o /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf By default this will use DNS discovery to attempt to determine the IPA server(s) to use. If IPA servers are discovered then the automount client will be configured to use DNS discovery. If DNS discovery fails or a specific server is desired, use the --server option. The default automount location is named default. To specify a different one use the --location option. The IPA client must already be configured in order to configure automount. The IPA client is configured as part of a server installation. There are two ways to configure automount. The default is to use sssd to manage the automount maps. Alternatively autofs can configured to bind to LDAP over GSSAPI and authenticate using the machine's host principal. The nsswitch automount service is configured to use either sss or ldap and files depending on whether SSSD is configured or not. NFSv4 is also configured. The rpc.gssd and rpc.idmapd are started on clients to support Kerberos-secured mounts. OPTIONS
--server=SERVER Set the IPA server to connect to --location=LOCATION Automount location -S, --no-sssd Do not configure the client to use SSSD for automount -d, --debug Print debugging information to stdout -U, --unattended Unattended installation. The user will not be prompted --uninstall Restore the automount configuration files FILES
Files that will be always be configured: /etc/nsswitch.conf Files that will be configured when SSSD is the automount client (default): /etc/sssd/sssd.conf Files that will be configured when using the ldap automount client: /etc/sysconfig/autofs /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf EXIT STATUS
0 if the installation was successful 1 if an error occurred IPA
May 25 2012 ipa-client-automount(1)