Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run multiple procedures from shell script parallely Post 302936482 by Neelkanth on Wednesday 25th of February 2015 10:53:48 PM
Old 02-25-2015
Hi,

I cannot place .sql files and run them in background. Below is my code
Code:
#! /bin/sh
. ~/.bash_profile
clear
db_user=$1
db_passwd=$2
db2 connect to RPTPRDD1 user $db_user using $db_passwd
#Use Multiple calls if needs to be executed for multiple input parameters.

db2 "Call PROC1"
db2 "Call PROC2"
db2 "Call PROC3"

#Close DB connection
db2 connect reset

I need these three procs to run in parallel, not one after the other.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script parallely with different arguments

Hi! I want to run a script in parallel with different arguments. eg. start script.sh argA script.sh argB script.sh argC end Can someone please tell how to achieve this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummyix
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Threads/Tasks to run parallely using the shell script

Scenario: I have two PCs (named as A & B) which would send some traps to my third PC (named as C). In PC C, I have to write a shell script such that it should accept the datas from both the PC-A & B parallely. So my question is, is it possible to have two different child threads/tasks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run a python program on multiple entries in a file

Hello I am trying to run a python program using shell script, which takes a single argument from a file. This file has one entry per line : 1aaa 2bbb 3ccc 4ddd 5eee ... ... ... My shell script runs the program, only for the last entry : #!/bin/sh IFS=$'\n' for line in $(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to run more than two processes parallely

I would like to call a function called CIRCLE which is further beind called by other function but in a loop that CIRCLE fuction is being called. And this CIRCLE function starts another process which takes 3 hours to complete again, if i put that process in nohup &, I can go to the next command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venugopalsmartb
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers

Hello Everyone, How do we run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers. It is a simple bash script and vim -nx <filename> has been used to encrypt with desired password. Now I have few errors, the syntax is absolutely fine as I have run that script multiple times on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple instances of shell script in linux?

How we can run the multiple instances of the script? I need to run the script which I am calling from the below function.I can doit with cron but I don't want to put it in the cron.This cript dploy the build and here I want when the build stage then it should run with multilpe instances of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to process multiple files parallely

Hi, I have a requirement to process multiple files in a directory parallely.Consider the below scenario: In a directory there are three files file1,file2 and file3.When I use for loop each file will be executed in sequence but I want to process parallely. Any Help would be appreciated.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run different SQL on multiple DBs using SHELL script

Hi Experts, I have a list of Dbs.In that DBs i need to execute some sql scripts. each sql script is unique and it should run on particular DB only. For example. i have DBs like MDC20V,NDC20V,ODC20V and sql scripts like MD.sql,ND.sql,OD.sql.so MD.sql should run only in MDC20V and ND.sql should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navsan420
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts parallely inside shell script?

Hi , I have 4 scripts example script1,script2,script3,script4 . I have to run script1,script2 and script3 parallely since this 3 scripts dont have dependencies . Once script1,script2 and script3 got completed successfully , I have to trigger script4. Can someone help me on this how to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
BOS_GETRESTART(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BOS_GETRESTART(8)

NAME
bos_getrestart - Displays the automatic restart times for server processes SYNOPSIS
bos getrestart -server <machine name> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos getr -s <machine name> [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos getrestart command displays two restart times from the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file on the server machine named by the -server argument: o The general restart time at which the BOS Server process automatically restarts itself and all processes marked with status "Run" in the BosConfig file. The default is Sunday at 4:00 a.m. o The binary restart time at which the BOS Server automatically restarts any process for which the time stamp on the binary file in the /usr/lib/openafs directory is later than the last restart time for the process. The default is 5:00 a.m. Use the bos getdate command to list a binary file's timestamp, and the -long flag to the bos status command to display a process's most recent restart time. Use the bos setrestart command to set the restart times. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine for which to display the restart times. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully- qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output consists of two lines: Server <machine_name> restarts at <time> Server <machine_name> restarts for new binaries at <time> Possible values for <time> include: o "never", indicating that the BOS Server never performs that type of restart. o "now", indicating that the BOS Server performs that type of restart only each time it restarts. o A specified day and time, indicating that the BOS Server performs that type of restart once per week. Example: "sun 4:00 am". o A specified time, indicating that the BOS Server performs that type of restart once per day. Examples: "11:00 pm", "3:00 am". EXAMPLES
The following example displays the restart times for the machine "db2.abc.com": % bos getrestart db2.abc.com Server db2.abc.com restarts at sun 4:00 am Server db2.abc.com restarts for new binaries at 2:15 am In the following example, the issuer abbreviates the machine name "fs1.abc.com" to "fs1", relying on the cell's name server to resolve the name. The output echoes the abbreviated form. % bos getrestart fs1 Server fs1 restarts at sat 5:00 am Server fs1 restarts for new binaries at 11:30 pm PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), bos(8), bos_getdate(8), bos_setrestart(8), bos_status(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_GETRESTART(8)