Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending formatted email with sendmail question Post 302936419 by jonnyd on Wednesday 25th of February 2015 10:30:31 AM
Old 02-25-2015
Thanks very much.

That is much better, the size is working now.

However, Im finding that the conetnts of $outputFile is appearing all on one line, ie not with new lines. the content of $outputFile has several lines.

ie the email looks like this:

CURRENT TIME ------------------- 2015/02/25 10:25:53 IWRESOURCE_LOCK (RSRC NAME) AGT_NAME MACHINENAME NUM RSRC_TIME TIMEDIFFMIN ------------------------------------------------------- --------------- -------------------- ------ -------------------- ----------- High Radius - (Prod) - SFTP Inbound SFTP Inbound lsappp08 34 2015-02-25 10:22:53 3 WEICHERT SSN TO AP FTP Inbound FTP Inbound lsappp10.itlogon.com 36 2015-02-25 10:22:59 3 SFTP Inbound - Siemens to Sager (Test) SFTP Inbound lsappp03 32 2015-02-25 10:23:14 3 SFTP Inbound-LLBEAN(MEADOWCRAFT) SFTP Inbound lsappp10.itlogon.com 36 2015-02-25 10:23:15 3 FTP Inbound - Honda to Freudenberg FTP Inbound lsappp02 31 2015-02-25 10:24:02 2 RICOH EUROPE PLC-EDICOM SPAIN - PROD - SFTP Inbound SFTP Inbound lsappp10.itlogon.com 36 2015-02-25 10:24:27 2 SFTP Inbound - Direct Distribution - 945 Pull SFTP Inbound lsappp08 34 2015-02-25 10:24:41 2

How to get the content on a separate line as in the original file? I thorght courier new would do this.

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating & sending formatted (with bolds & colors) CSV

Hi , I have a situation. Need is to create & send a formatted file with header in BOLD & colored & some sequel results as a content. I know echo -e \033 command, but its scope is limited in PUTTY. How to retain the formatting out of Putty; say after someone opens a email attachment... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infaWorld
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script that sends an html formatted email fails when its run as cronjob

Hi Im very new at working with unix and this problem I simply can not understand. I know there are a lot of threads about problems with shell scripts behaving differently when run from a terminal and from a cronjob. I have tried everything(almost) but I still havent cracked this problem. Im... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nightowl
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail problems -- with sending mail

Hello, I am C. and I would like to send mail with Sendmail to my hotmail-account. But this doesn't work, the mail always returns in the file: /var/spool/mail/root. Probably there is something wrong with my SmartHost. I configured it like: define ( 'SMART_HOST','smtp.direct-adsl.be') -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caroline
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Set up Sendmail as sending only server

I have set up where my primary fibre optical WAN access does not have any sending SMTP service but my fall-back ADSL service does. However, with most Internet Service Providers, the SMTP service access is "locked" to the IP addresses that the service knows about. Therefore I can not send SMTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smlunatick
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

Delay in sending email to-from localhost in Sendmail

Hi Friends, I am very much new to sendmail or any other mta. I just installed sendmail 8.14 on my rhel6 machine. I was trying to send email to local user but after entering the message when i press CTRL-D it simply hangs. I also tried sending email via mutt but again mutt also hangs. It sends... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending formatted email from unix.

Hi All, I need to send email from unix in the below format. But the email body is coming all in one single line. How do i format the below text, so that the body of email is properly formatted. Please help. TO: <email id> CC: <none> BCC: <none> Subject: Support: file GENERATION is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email body not formatted with html and sendmail

Hi All, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email body. I am using html email and sendmail option of unix. I am using the below piece of code for the same : #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email@domain.com" export SUBJECT="Report" export BODY="file_directory_path/test_file.txt"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockygsd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send the email in formatted way

Legends, I have following entries in /tmp/a.txt file GAP Ric XEOJ181477500.W Flag2 5 Sym XEO1418J775-E msg SEQ_NO:159 db:5 diff 154 process msg GAP Ric XEOJ181400.W Flag2 19 Sym XE418J815-E msg SEQ_NO:101 db:5 diff 96 process msg GAP Ric XEOJ18140.W Flag2 18 Sym XEO18J855-E msg SEQ_NO:88... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
21 Replies
OutputJob(3pm)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation					    OutputJob(3pm)

NAME
Lire::OutputJob - Object used to represent a configured formatting of a report SYNOPSIS
use Lire::OutputJob; use Lire::OutputFormat; my $email = new Lire::OutputJob( 'email', $output, $output_cfg, 'emails' => [ 'email@domain.org' ] ); $email->run( 'report.xml' ); my $file = new Lire::OutputJob( 'file', $output, $output_cfg, 'filename' => '/var/www/reports/daily-%Y%m%d' ); $file->run( 'report.xml' ); DESCRIPTION
The Lire::OutputJob objects are used to represent how a report should formatted. These objects are most often created from the Lire configuration. (The 'output_jobs' specification.) new( $destination_type, $format, $format_cfg, ... ); Create a new Lire::OutputJob object. Two parameters are required: $destination_type Can be either 'email' or 'file'. $format A Lire::OutputFormat object. $format The configuration data that will be passed to the OutputFormat object. The method will returns an instance of Lire::EmailOutputJob or Lire::FileOutputJob. format Returns the Lire::OutputFormat associated with this OutputJob. format_cfg Returns the configuration data that will be used when formatting the report. run( $report_file ) Formats and sends or save the XML report $report_file according the OutputJob parameters. Lire::EmailOutputJob Extra parameters for 'email' type emails An array reference to the emails that will receive the formatted report. subjet The subject of the email. extra_file An additional text file that will be appended to text report or attach to other report types. emails() Returns as an array the emails to which the report will be sent. subject() Returns the subject of the email. extra_file() Returns the filename that will be appended to the text report or attach to the message for other report's type. Lire::FileOutputJob Extra parameters for 'file' type. file A file path with possible strftime(3pm) interpolation. This will be were the formatted report will be saved. file() Returns this OutputJob destination file. output_file( [$time] ) Returns the destination file with strftime(3) specifier interpolated. SEE ALSO
Lire::ReportJob(3pm) Lire::OutputFormat(3pm) AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: OutputJob.pm,v 1.8 2006/07/23 13:16:29 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 OutputJob(3pm)