Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Shell Script for Array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Shell Script for Array Post 302936134 by RudiC on Monday 23rd of February 2015 08:26:41 AM
Old 02-23-2015
You'll have to divide the number by 100 and replace the "%s" with your desired format "%.2f". Note that not all versions will recognize the " ' " in the format string.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size of an array in sh shell script

Is there a way to find out the size of an array in sh shell script? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trivektor
1 Replies

2. Solaris

i cannot give array declaration in shell script

Dear all, i m unable to give array decalartion in solaris Operating system shell script and script was so.sh declare -a bull for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 do bull=$i echo "${bull}" done it is throwing an error called so.sh: declare: not found so.sh: bull=1: not... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition against a ARRAY in shell script

Hi, I want to check a particular string inserted by User to be checked against the values i already have in a ARRAY string using IF condition. Is this possible? if yes how to do that. example : i have a,b,c,d,e,f values in a array called values i asked user to enter a value: user entered... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array declaration in Shell script

this is my code declare -a USERCERT declare -a CACERT declare -a KEYSRC this is the error + declare -a USERCERT ./clone.sh: 1: declare: not found + declare -a CACERT ./clone.sh: 1: declare: not found + declare -a KEYSRC ./clone.sh: 1: declare: not found (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
11 Replies

5. BSD

Creating an array out of users: shell script

I want to create a shell script for a menu selection consisting of users defined on the machine. To an administrator having the privileges, the selection menu will look as follows: Select the user you want to define the variables for: 1) my-username-1 2) my-username-2 etc Then there would be a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in Ksh Shell script

hi team, i have a file, which contains only variable and its value param.ksh --------- export A=123 export B=345 export C=567 export D=OPLI export E=OL89PO From shell script, i am invoking this file and use the value of this variable. Now there are 5 variable in above file. Before i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two array in shell script

In shell script i have two variables with value debit_sal="DOG,HIU,JIU,GYT,PPI,KIU,HUY........." debit_req='HIU, JIU, HUY, GTR, KOI, ............" i stored this two in two array arr=$(echo $debit_sal| tr "," "\n"); arr1=$(echo $debit_req| tr ", " "\n"); #(note second arry has comma with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in shell script

Hi, check=("/usr/local/bin/chk_nag | awk -F":" '{print $1}'" "/usr/local/bin/chk_kas | awk -F":" '{print $1}'" "/usr/local/bin/chk_was | awk -F":" '{print $1}'" ) for i in "${check}"; do echo $i; done when I run this. It says Syntax error: "(" unexpected Please advise. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Two Array in shell script

Hi Experts, I've got this problem where I need to add two array in shell script such that that is an element is greater than 9 then it get further split into individual digit, something like below : Input :- array1=(2 6 8 9 10 12) array2=(5 4 6 8 12 14) Output :- array3=(7 1 0 1 4 1 7 2 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies
GIT-REPLACE(1)                                                      Git Manual                                                      GIT-REPLACE(1)

NAME
git-replace - Create, list, delete refs to replace objects SYNOPSIS
git replace [-f] <object> <replacement> git replace [-f] --edit <object> git replace [-f] --graft <commit> [<parent>...] git replace -d <object>... git replace [--format=<format>] [-l [<pattern>]] DESCRIPTION
Adds a replace reference in refs/replace/ namespace. The name of the replace reference is the SHA-1 of the object that is replaced. The content of the replace reference is the SHA-1 of the replacement object. The replaced object and the replacement object must be of the same type. This restriction can be bypassed using -f. Unless -f is given, the replace reference must not yet exist. There is no other restriction on the replaced and replacement objects. Merge commits can be replaced by non-merge commits and vice versa. Replacement references will be used by default by all Git commands except those doing reachability traversal (prune, pack transfer and fsck). It is possible to disable use of replacement references for any command using the --no-replace-objects option just after git. For example if commit foo has been replaced by commit bar: $ git --no-replace-objects cat-file commit foo shows information about commit foo, while: $ git cat-file commit foo shows information about commit bar. The GIT_NO_REPLACE_OBJECTS environment variable can be set to achieve the same effect as the --no-replace-objects option. OPTIONS
-f, --force If an existing replace ref for the same object exists, it will be overwritten (instead of failing). -d, --delete Delete existing replace refs for the given objects. --edit <object> Edit an object's content interactively. The existing content for <object> is pretty-printed into a temporary file, an editor is launched on the file, and the result is parsed to create a new object of the same type as <object>. A replacement ref is then created to replace <object> with the newly created object. See git-var(1) for details about how the editor will be chosen. --raw When editing, provide the raw object contents rather than pretty-printed ones. Currently this only affects trees, which will be shown in their binary form. This is harder to work with, but can help when repairing a tree that is so corrupted it cannot be pretty-printed. Note that you may need to configure your editor to cleanly read and write binary data. --graft <commit> [<parent>...] Create a graft commit. A new commit is created with the same content as <commit> except that its parents will be [<parent>...] instead of <commit>'s parents. A replacement ref is then created to replace <commit> with the newly created commit. See contrib/convert-grafts-to-replace-refs.sh for an example script based on this option that can convert grafts to replace refs. -l <pattern>, --list <pattern> List replace refs for objects that match the given pattern (or all if no pattern is given). Typing "git replace" without arguments, also lists all replace refs. --format=<format> When listing, use the specified <format>, which can be one of short, medium and long. When omitted, the format defaults to short. FORMATS
The following format are available: o short: <replaced sha1> o medium: <replaced sha1> -> <replacement sha1> o long: <replaced sha1> (<replaced type>) -> <replacement sha1> (<replacement type>) CREATING REPLACEMENT OBJECTS
git-filter-branch(1), git-hash-object(1) and git-rebase(1), among other git commands, can be used to create replacement objects from existing objects. The --edit option can also be used with git replace to create a replacement object by editing an existing object. If you want to replace many blobs, trees or commits that are part of a string of commits, you may just want to create a replacement string of commits and then only replace the commit at the tip of the target string of commits with the commit at the tip of the replacement string of commits. BUGS
Comparing blobs or trees that have been replaced with those that replace them will not work properly. And using git reset --hard to go back to a replaced commit will move the branch to the replacement commit instead of the replaced commit. There may be other problems when using git rev-list related to pending objects. SEE ALSO
git-hash-object(1) git-filter-branch(1) git-rebase(1) git-tag(1) git-branch(1) git-commit(1) git-var(1) git(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-REPLACE(1)