Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris List of patches and date installed Post 302935989 by Walter Misar on Saturday 21st of February 2015 07:08:00 AM
Old 02-21-2015
You could go by the file date of /var/sadm/patch/*/log . For patches that came pre-installed something like grep -h PATCH_INFO /var/sadm/pkg/SUNW*/pkginfo will get you the information.
This User Gave Thanks to Walter Misar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see all installed PATCHES

Hi all I am using HPUX11.00 i want to know how to see all installed PATCHES ..and also to see any perticular patch has been installed or not solaris showrev -p does not work in HPUX please suggest any command thanks praful (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. Solaris

get installed patch list

Hello all is there any way to get installed patch list on Solaris ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to find out installed patches on Sun5.9

Hi Unix Experts, I'm told to install WebSphere MQ on Sun 5.9 box. Before I install it, my task is to find out what OS patches have already installed on the box. I tried pkginfo -i command but it gives all of the packages installed. I want to find out a specific patch has been installed or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
1 Replies

4. AIX

Date Patch was Installed

HI All, Is it possible to find from An AIX server when a Patch was installed like by using "instfix" with a parameter that shows when was this installed. Thank You (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sellafrica1
5 Replies

5. AIX

command to list all installed patches

hi all i need an command to list all installed patches in aix 5.3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

6. Linux

Get the OS Installed date

Hi, How to get OS installed date in Linux using terminal command? Thanks is advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
3 Replies

7. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to remove installed RPMs by a specific date?

Hi there, Is there a way to remove rpms installed after specific date? I was improvising on my unixacademy Linux training and messed up with installation options. Can I remove the rpms installed after specific date? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
1 Replies

9. Solaris

need help with message: no patches installed

Hi Folks, I am getting the following error when trying to see installed patches on my Solaris 9 system :wall: # patchadd -p No patches installed # Any help will be much appreciated Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momin
1 Replies

10. AIX

List of Installed patches for AIX from given set of patches

I need to find out list of installed patches from given list of patches. I have tried using instfix -f <File containing list of patches> -i -c But I was not able to understand the output of this command. It was like below. bos.perf.tools: :0.0.0.0:?: bos.rte.libc: :0.0.0.0:?: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh Agrawal
4 Replies
depend(4)							   File Formats 							 depend(4)

NAME
depend - software dependencies file DESCRIPTION
depend is an ASCII file used to specify information concerning software dependencies for a particular package. The file is created by a software developer. Each entry in the depend file describes a single software package. The instance of the package is described after the entry line by giving the package architecture and/or version. The format of each entry and subsequent instance definition is: type pkg name (arch)version (arch)version ... The fields are: type Defines the dependency type. Must be one of the following characters: P Indicates a prerequisite for installation; for example, the referenced package or versions must be installed. I Implies that the existence of the indicated package or version is incompatible. R Indicates a reverse dependency. Instead of defining the package's own dependencies, this designates that another package depends on this one. This type should be used only when an old package does not have a depend file, but relies on the newer package nonetheless. Therefore, the present package should not be removed if the designated old package is still on the system since, if it is removed, the old package will no longer work. pkg Indicates the package abbreviation. name Specifies the full package name. (arch)version Specifies a particular instance of the software. A version name cannot begin with a left parenthesis. The instance speci- fications, both (arch) and version, are completely optional, but each (arch)version pair must begin on a new line that begins with white space. A null version set equates to any version of the indicated package. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Sample of depend file Here are the contents of a sample depend file, for the SUNWftpr (FTP Server) package, stored in /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWftpr/install: P SUNWcar Core Architecture, (Root) P SUNWkvm Core Architecture, (Kvm) P SUNWcsr Core Solaris, (Root) P SUNWcsu Core Solaris, (Usr) P SUNWcsd Core Solaris Devices P SUNWcsl Core Solaris Libraries R SUNWftpu FTP Server, (Usr) SEE ALSO
pkginfo(4) Application Packaging Developer's Guide SunOS 5.11 4 Oct 1996 depend(4)