Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help Needed on RSYNC
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Needed on RSYNC Post 302935979 by Peasant on Saturday 21st of February 2015 01:38:56 AM
Old 02-21-2015
Please check :

1. rsync path on both servers is /usr/local/bin/rsync
2. user which is doing the rsync can write to $DIR
3. user is able to SSH to SERVER1
4. firewall configuration if any on both ends.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync vs cp

Hi guys, I will be copying data from one FS to another. (only once) These are local Filesystems... Which tool would be more efficient to use in this case? There is a huge amount of data that needs to be copied... (1.5TB) John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

please help in rsync

Dear all, I m trying to rsync a file remotely but it is throwing following error. #/opt/sfw/bin/rsync -v -a -e ssh user@xx.xx.xx.xx:/export/home/naresh/utils.sh bash: rsync: command not found rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far) rsync error: error in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync

i last night i copied a 400GB folder using rsync and ssh i did: rsync -r /mnt/500_GB ssh miguel@192.168.1.3:/mnt/1500_GB and it copied the folder fine all 400GB. The question is: If i put more files to that initial 400GB folder, which command can i run on my server for it to update the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync

hi there I wonder if some-one can help. I am trying to use rsync on my mac to transfer a folder to a remote machine. I have logged into rysnc on my mac no problem and I'm trying to execute this command: rsync -a -e ssh /Users/myname/myfolder/sourcefolder/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: volterony
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for rsync

How can i combine the below two rsync commands into one: rsync -auvL --delete /etc /usr/local/MediaServer /mnt/bak/livecore/filesystem.0 > /tmp/backup_log/rsync.log 2>&1 and rsync -auv --delete --exclude='live/public_html/video' --exclude='live/public_html.old' /var/www... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync

Am I correct in assuming that the following command: rsync -a /a /b does not make any changes on /a if there are files on /b that are newer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Content synchronization script using rsync

Hi All, I need a .sh script which serves the below purpose. It would be of great help. I am unable to perform the second need of mapping texts within the file and updating only those contents. For Eg: There is a html file containing link abc.com. This should be replaced with xyz.com link in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on rsync

Hi experts, We need copy 5TB data from one server to another (over a 10Gbps link). We plan to use rsync -av remote:/<path /local on destination server but there're few special requirements like: 1. data copy process should run only from 18:00 Hrs to 07:00 every day until copy is completed. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed for creating the folder by checking today's date and, take backup using rsync command

How to create a shell script to create a folder by using the today's date to take backup using rsync command on every evening around 7 pm. Kindly help. Thanks. To be more precise, I want to create a script which matches the today's date with server's date format, if matches then creates the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakula10
2 Replies
PARALLEL-RSYNC(1)														 PARALLEL-RSYNC(1)

NAME
parallel-rsync - deploy files to listed hosts SYNOPSIS
parallel-rsync [OPTIONS] -h hosts.txt local remote DESCRIPTION
pssh provides a number of commands for executing against a group of computers, using SSH. It's most useful for operating on clusters of homogenously-configured hosts. parallel-rsync deploy files files to all hosts you listed. OPTIONS
-r --recursive recusively copy directories (OPTIONAL) -a ----archive use rsync -a (archive mode) (OPTIONAL) -z --compress use rsync compression (OPTIONAL) -h --hosts hosts file (each line "host[:port] [user]") -l --user username (OPTIONAL) -p --par max number of parallel threads (OPTIONAL) -o --outdir output directory for stdout files (OPTIONAL) -e --errdir output directory for stderr files (OPTIONAL) -t --timeout timeout (secs) (-1 = no timeout) per host (OPTIONAL) -O --options SSH options (OPTIONAL) -v --verbose turn on warning and diagnostic messages (OPTIONAL) EXAMPLE
# parallel-rsync -r -h hosts.txt -l irb2 foo /home/irb2/foo ENVIRONMENT
All four programs take similar sets of options. All of these options can be set using the following environment variables: o PSSH_HOSTS o PSSH_USER o PSSH_PAR o PSSH_OUTDIR o PSSH_VERBOSE o PSSH_OPTIONS SEE ALSO
parallel-ssh(1), parallel-scp(1), parallel-slurp(1), parallel-nuke(1), ssh(1), rsync(1) AUTHOR
Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> COPYING
Copyright: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Brent N. Chun NOTES
1. bnc@theether.org mailto:bnc@theether.org 03/30/2009 PARALLEL-RSYNC(1)