Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Fill csv entire column with content from another text file Post 302935938 by RudiC on Friday 20th of February 2015 10:30:32 AM
Old 02-20-2015
Any attempts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To cut entire column from a file and apend it to another file as another column

file1.txt : india pakistan bangladesh japan canada africa USA srilanka Nepal file2.txt Delhi Tokyo washington I have to cut the first column of file1.txt and apend it with file2.txt as another column like this Delhi india Tokyo japan washington USA ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Updating entire column irrespective of any data in a file

Hi, I have a file A.txt (tab separated) as below: pavan chennai/tes/bangalore 100 sunil mangalore/abc/mumbai 230 kumar delhi/nba/andhra 310 I want to change only second column as below . Rest of columns as it is ;The ouput file is also tab... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpavan2004
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose an entire text file

Hello all, I want to transpose the rows of a file to the columns (every characters include spaces), i.e.: input: abcdefg 123 456 output: a1 b2 c3 d e4 f5 g6 I wrote a script: #!/bin/csh -f (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: heavenfish
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy entire file content into another file being in last line mode of vi ?

How to copy entire file content into another file being in last line mode of vi ? ---------- Post updated at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:56 AM ---------- Got it : :1,30w file.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate lines in csv by column content (newbie)

Hello everyone I have a csv file organized just like in the following example: col1,col2,col3,CODE_0, ... , colN col1,col2,col3,CODE_0, ... , colN col1,col2,col3,CODE_1, ... , colN col1,col2,col3,CODE_1, ... , colN col1,col2,col3,CODE_1, ... , colN col1,col2,col3,CODE_2, ... , colN... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yomaya
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete an entire column from a tab delimited file

Hi, Can anyone please tell me about how we can delete an entire column from a tab delimited file? Mu input_file.txt looks like this: And I want the output as: I used the below code nawk -v d="1" 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="\t"}{$d=""}{print}' input_file.txtBut in the output, the first column is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing entire content of file except spaces at the end

so i have several files that look somewhat like this: { "afafa": "afaf", "afafaa" : "" } <newline> <newline> i want to grab everything in the file except the empty new lines at the end. note, there may be newlines within the content itself. ( "afafa": "afaf",... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file needs to match a column and print the entire line

I have a file with class c IP addresses that I need to match to a column and print the matching lines of another file. I started playing with grep -if file01.out file02.out but I am stuck as to how to match it to a column and print the matching lines; cat file01.out 10.150.140... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to fill the entire row of Excel file with color based on pattern match

Hi All , I have to write one Perl script in which I need to read one pre-existing xls and based on pattern match for one word in some cells of the XLS , I need to fill the entire row with one color of that matched cell and write the content to another excel Please find the below stated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)