Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Load mutliple files into Netezza table Post 302935720 by rajasony on Wednesday 18th of February 2015 07:47:23 PM
Old 02-18-2015
Load mutliple files into Netezza table

Hi All,
I get ~1000 files everyday and the current unix script process one file at a time... like it unzips the file, loads into table . This process will repeat how many ever files were present in the directory. I was wondering can we process multiple files (like unzipping and loading X amount of files.. for instance load 5 files parallel) at a time.

If needed I can post the script that I have.

Thanks,
Raja

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help:Need to Split the file into mutliple files depends on the KEY field value

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX(HP). my requirmnet is File needs to needs to be split into multiple files dependa on one key value. example 1 abc 333 us 2 bbc 444 ch 5 nnn 333 kk 7 hhh 555 ll 3 hhh 333 hh now the requirment is line with 333 should be copied into test1.txt and... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process mutliple files in the same directory

I have over 900 files that have the same name except for a unique numeric assignment. For all files I would like to cut the 2nd column and paste all into one new file. All in bash. sample input format for each file: 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 sample command for what I want to do: cut -d' ' -f2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epi8
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mutliple files in the same directory

I have over 900 files that have the same name except for a unique numeric assignment. For all files I would like to cut the 2nd column and paste all into one new file. All in bash. sample input format for each file: 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 sample command for what I want to do: cut -d' ' -f2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: epi8
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To load data from variable to oracle table

Hi all, How to load variable value into Oracle table? I have created a file validation shell script. After the validation completes, i need to update a Oracle table with the variable value... Can someone help me how to do it? I have searched, but not able to get answer. i have 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To load data from variable to oracle table ....???

Hi all, How to load variable value into Oracle table? I have created a file validation shell script. After the validation completes, i need to update a Oracle table with the variable value... Can someone help me how to do it? I have searched, but not able to get answer. i have 4 variables... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Mulitple files mutliple actions

Hi all, I have mistkanely gzipped twice an entire folder and sub folders, and also renamed the files during that process. I am trying to undo this, and I need help to create the batch to work on it. All folders are under my images directory, I have a output.txt file that holds all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I load records from table to a flat file!

Hi All, I need to load records from oracle table XYZ to a flat file say ABC.dat. could any one tell me how do i do this in UNXI, Regards Ann (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data to flat file from table.

Hi all, I need to know how to copy data from a table say ABC to a flat file say XYZ.dat in unix, Please leave ur comments and the fastest way to do so, I need to load the table records into flat file. Regards Ann (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Load Files in (.log) into a table

Hi, I was just wondering how can i load a files from a log file in unix into a table. e.i. a.log contains the ff: text.dmp text2.dmp Table contains the ff: col 1 filename col 2 date created Thank You! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lienyca
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load multiple files into a table

Hi, I need to load data from two files to a single table. My requirement is that I get two files in which a few column data are manadatory. These files are identified based on the file name. For example, I have two files ABCFile and BCDFile. ABCFile has mandatory data in column 3 and 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reshma15193
0 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-05-19 DH_COMPRESS(1)