Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New mounted directory
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New mounted directory Post 302935673 by blackrageous on Wednesday 18th of February 2015 01:16:36 PM
Old 02-18-2015
You don't really mount a directory in Unix. You mount a filesystem or "tie the filesystem to the file tree". The file tree starts at /. Post the ouput of
your df command. Consult this tutorial Unix - File System Basics

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounted filesystems

If you have multiple hard drives and multiple mounted filesystems, how can you tell which filesystem resides on which disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tape is mounted

Hi I would like to write a shell script which should first check wheather the tape is placed in the tape drive . if the tape is there it should rewind it like mt -f /dev/rmt/0m rew if the tape is missing from the tape drive then send a mail saying that the tape is missing and exit. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

3. Debian

/ is getting mounted in read-only!

once after the fsck during booting linux(debian 3.0) found some corruption in root (/) partition. Then it corrected it; but problem here is root partition is getting mounted in readonly. Other partitions like /home /tmp /boot are normal (rw). after doing fsck -f for the root partion it finds... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how many directory can be mounted on one file system

I have a question and seek help. How many directory can be mounted on one file system on UNIX with solaris 9? For example, I have one file system as /dev/dsk/cieit0a6. I have created one directory as /u01/app/oracle and mounted this directory to cieit06. It works. Then I create another directory as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

5. Programming

Not able to use NFS mounted directory as buffer for untar & unzip.

Hi, For a new requirement, we are trying to use NFS mounted directory as the buffer (TMP_DIR) for untar. Target OS- VxWorks Host OS - Windows Embedded. mounted a directory in wondows onto VxWorks. During untar process of GNU we come across utime, for chaning the time stamp of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.bc
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

WebDav/davfs mounted file & directory names in all UPPERCASE

Hey, I have a WebDav directory mounted and everything seems fine except for one thing. All file/directory names appear in all UPPERCASE, when in actual fact they are lowercase on the remote machine. For example: foo/bar/baz.html on the remote host, appears on my local machine as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrMoney
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to edit files present in mounted directory

I had mount from server A to server B. I am able to access the files present under server B. I can create new files on server B, but i am not able to edit the files which are already present. When i saw the permissions on those files it is 777. can some one tell me why i am not able to edit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbaraju
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory / File changes on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux

I have a requirement to copy the changed file on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux to a remote FTP/SFTP server. I tried inotify-tools, but this didn't track the modified files. Has anyone tried incron or any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupeAlok
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unable to write to NFS mounted directory

Hi, I have exported a few nfs mounts from one server to the nfs clients. This is my nfs server dfstab : # cat /etc/dfs/dfstab # place share(1M) commands here for automatic execution # on entering init state 3. # # share <pathname> # .e.g, # share -F... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies

10. AIX

Mounted and unmounted

Hi Guys I'm new here, and I need urgent help. This my first steps to be Aix admin and I have this task -instal Oracle database on Aix machine and create mounting point /u02 of size 100GB for Oracle Standalone database installation. -download and install the following OS patches - IV42025... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
5 Replies
showmount(1M)															     showmount(1M)

NAME
showmount - show all remote mounts SYNOPSIS
[host] DESCRIPTION
lists all clients that have remotely mounted a file system from host. This information is maintained by the server on host (see mountd(1M)). The default value for host is the value returned by (see hostname(1)). Options Print all remote mounts in the format where hostname is the name of the client, and directory is the root of the file system that has been mounted. List directories that have been remotely mounted by clients. Print the list of shared file systems. WARNINGS
If a client crashes, executing on the server will show that the client still has a file system mounted. In other words, stale entries may accumulate for clients that crash without sending an unmount request. Also, if a client mounts the same remote directory twice, only one entry appears in Doing a of one of these directories removes the single entry and no longer indicates that the remote directory is mounted. FILES
remote mounted filesystem table AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
hostname(1), mountd(1M), share(1M), share_nfs(1M), rmtab(4). showmount(1M)