Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple bash variables passed into nawk Post 302935633 by Akshay Hegde on Wednesday 18th of February 2015 10:22:31 AM
Old 02-18-2015
Try

Code:
akshay@Aix:/tmp$ cat parse.awk
FNR==NR{
	a[$1]= $1 in a ? a[$1] SUBSEP $2 : $2
	next
}
{
	for( i in a )
	{ 
	 if( $5 == "sftp-server["i"]:" && /closed/ && /user/ && !/ORG/ && !/LE/ )
	 {
		split(a[i],A,SUBSEP)
		for(j in A)
		{
			print $14,A[j]
		} 
	 }
	}
}

Code:
akshay@Aix:/tmp$ awk -f parse.awk b_file sftp_log 
tom DAR.V3.20150209.1.CSV
tom DDR.V2.20150209.1.CSV
charlie DAR.V3.20150209.1.CSV

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk and variables

Hi guy's Im trying to pass variables into nawk and then match them on a value within a record but it don't seem to be working. If i put in the dates i want to see then it works fine.. #!/usr/bin/ksh -x YEST=$(/usr/local/bin/perl -e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: plimpix
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Retrieving names of variables passed with -v

I'm an experienced awk user, but this one has me stumped. I have an awk script which is called from a UNIX command line as you'd expect: myscript.awk -v foo=$1 -v bar=$2 filename My question is this: is there a mechanism for determining the names of the -v variables within a script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Mac
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use nawk -v with two or more variables?

Hi, Is it possible in awk/nawk to pass two or more variables in the -v flag? That is: X=1 Y=2 nawk -v X=$X Y=$Y..... Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call multiple variables in bash !!

Hi all , I have a file with below data , bash#cat file.txt user1 amount1 status1 user2 amount2 status2 user3 amount3 status3 user4 amount4 status4 . . . Now i have a command to be executed with above values like below , ./errorcheck -u user1 -a amount1 -s status1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanasekar_beem
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk variables

Hi - The following nawk is not working and trying to understand why! nawk -v t="internal_order" '/SAP_RM_ADMIN_SCHEMA/ && ("" toupper(t)) || /SAP_RM_ADMIN_SCHEMA/ && ("" tolower(t))' PBFD100.ksh My intention is to retrieve the line containing SAP_RM_ADMIN_SCHEMA.internal_order but its just not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Variables for BASH script

Hello, I am new to the whole "scripting" thing. Below is the script that I have so far and where i need the Variables to go (VAR#) #!/bin/bash #Sample Script VAR1= echo "Choose an option: 1) Create a file. 2) Delete a file. 3) Move a file." read VAR1 case $VAR1 in 1) echo "Pick... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclerget
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk processing of passed variables

Currently have this: set current=192.168.0.5 set servicehost = `echo $current | awk -F. '{print $4}'` echo $numberoffields 5 ..but would like to reduce # of variables and eliminate echo to have something like this: set servicehost = `awk -v s="$current" -F. 'BEGIN{print $2}'`But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mid Ocean
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Variables passed to awk to return certain rows

Hi Forum. I have the following test.txt file and need to extract certain rows based on "starting position", "length of string" and "string to search for": 1a2b3d 2a3c4d ..... My script accepts 3 parameters: (starting col pos, length to search for, string to search for) and would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple variables to be passed in a loop

Hi, I need to pass the multiple values of src1 to another variable. I managed to print it but not sure how to assign it to a variable in a loop. src1=01,02,03 echo $src1|awk 'BEGIN {FS=","} {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) print $i}' I need to pass the value as src2=01 src2=02 src2=03 Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)