Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with DNS problem
Operating Systems Linux Debian Need help with DNS problem Post 302935307 by Azrael on Saturday 14th of February 2015 05:17:27 PM
Old 02-14-2015
Try just catting the file like:

Code:
$ cat /etc/resolv.conf

I've never needed dos2unix to see this in Debian or Redhat.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

dns problem

helo all i got problem in my network i got sun 206 and i work with sendmail when i had the praimery dns of my isp i can send mail from the server but i cant send from the clinet (outlook in the network) and if i chnage it to secundery dns off my isp i can send frome the server and frome the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nis
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

DNS problem

Hello! I´ve got a problem with the dns on one of our servers. When i try to look someting up with either nslookup or ping i get the folowing error message. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # nslookup sun.com *** Can't find server name for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

DNS Problem

Hello Everyone, I am working on a HP-Unix machine and I am trying to get it to use the University's DNS servers. Long story short... the resolv.conf file is ok : nameserver 149.150.51.1 nameserver 149.150.51.2 search shu.edu The hosts file is ok. And when I make the nsswitch.conf file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loslappy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS problem

Hi all, I have got the message of "*** Can't find server name for address 10.131.120.50: Server failed" when I typed nslookup on the DNS server I setup the /etc/named.conf and all the data files in /var/named and start the named daemon. I also mae appropriate change on the resolv.conf and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS Problem

hello !!! I have some problem for Sun Solaris DNS i already configured named.boot , named.rev, named.hosts but when i start the DNS service there is an error " error cannot find named.conf " in my manual there is no named.conf configuration it said that if you configure named.boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

DNS problem

sorry guys, I had big problem solving this simple problem..:D hope expertise here can solve this problem. ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 1361 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0 ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;. IN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown2205
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS problem

Hello again I having a wired problem if use nslookup to check some changes that I made to the blackhole list.First I'll check a site that I know has access throught our sever and it would time out. Then If I'll try it 10 seconds later it would work. Isn't that wierd. But my blackhole list site... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

dns problem

hello. i'm running ubuntu desktop 8.04 and i use it ot host some sites (actually i'm trying ) well i'm running to websites (with the same dns,ip) site1.com work fine but site2.com give me this Hmm, site2.com isn't loading right now. The computers that run site2.com are having some trouble.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazi
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

DNS problem?

I uploaded a new domain and I am having problems with the paths... Works..shop.mydomain.com/index.php?main_page=contact. Does Not Work..shop.mydomain.com/contact/. copied the entire directory from a working directory and changed the appropriate paths where necessary (as usual) so ...? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tifischer
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)