Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Entire server unresponsive
Operating Systems Solaris Entire server unresponsive Post 302935159 by Peasant on Friday 13th of February 2015 05:26:33 AM
Old 02-13-2015
I would start by limiting zfs arc cache maximum value inside global zone as well as in kernel zones to some sane value, depending on the workload.

Depending what you run in zones, might want to limit ZFS arc cache to couple of GB max (leave everything to service in question).

This will, of course, limit the read performance of a host (cache is smaller, less cache hits more physical reads).

Do you run everything on ZFS filesystems (applications, databases) or some other combination ?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 unresponsive

I am running Solaris 10 on a Sun X4200, and last week the OS froze to the point where I could not open an ssh session to it. It would just hang. I had to force reboot the server from the ILOM. This is what I saw in the /var/adm/messages log: Mar 27 10:31:04 testing in.mpathd: initifs: ioctl... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: _wb_
9 Replies

2. Red Hat

comm: mysqld Not tainted ... Kernel Panic , System totally unresponsive

Hi, I am experiencing frequent system hangs, hard kernel panics, etc almost thrice a day. The system would be totally unresponsive and the only way is to reboot is hard power recycling (plug out the power cable and plug in back after 30 secs). I enabled kdump, but unfortunately the kdump files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: massoo
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Capture Entire server configuration

Hi Is there any tool/package/command to get entire server's configuration of an RHEL Server? Conf info must incl. hostname, IP, domain name, all recent logs, OS info, disk info, CPU, RAM, swap, IO, services, all services' config files etc. thanks, Reddy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unresponsive Commands in Solaris 10

I'm currently running Solaris 10 on Sun V890 server. However recently some commands are running and some are not. Pressing the "ENTER" key after each CLI entry, it just stays there like it's frozen. Hitting the "ENTER" doesn't advance the cursor to the next line. I had to reboot the server, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
0 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 10 system unresponsive

Hi guys, I have solaris 10 installed in sun240 server. While I was practicing, the system became unresponsive. How can I fix this issue? Thanks for your help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

6. SCO

SCO unresponsive after root disk

I am working on a system that uses SCO Unix 5. I started later in this troubleshooting process so I have had to play catch up on some of the earlier mistakes that were made. The HD was formatted using the SCSI controller cards bios. I have 2 recovery floppies the boot and the root. After... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysona
19 Replies
AXI-CACHE(1)							   User Commands						      AXI-CACHE(1)

NAME
axi-cache - query the Apt Xapian Index SYNOPSIS
axi-cache [options] command [args] DESCRIPTION
Query the Apt Xapian index. Commands: search commands: axi-cache again [query] repeat the last search, possibly adding query terms axi-cache help show a summary of commands axi-cache info print information about the apt-xapian-index environment axi-cache last [count] show the last results again axi-cache more [count] show more terms from the last search axi-cache rdetails pkgname[s] show details of reverse relationships for the given packages axi-cache search [terms] start a new search apt-cache front-ends: axi-cache depends pkgname[s] run apt-cache depends pkgname[s] axi-cache madison pkgname[s] run apt-cache madison pkgname[s] axi-cache policy pkgname[s] run apt-cache policy pkgname[s] axi-cache rdepends pkgname[s] run apt-cache rdepends pkgname[s] axi-cache show pkgname[s] run apt-cache show pkgname[s] axi-cache showpkg pkgname[s] run apt-cache showpkg pkgname[s] axi-cache showsrc pkgname[s] run apt-cache showsrc pkgname[s] OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -s SORT, --sort=SORT sort by the given value, as listed in /var/lib/apt-xapian-index/values. Add a '-' to reverse sort order --tags show matching tags, rather than packages --tabcomplete=TYPE suggest words for tab completion of the current command line (type is 'plain' or 'partial') --last use 'show --last' to limit tab completion to only the packages from the last search results --all disable pagination and always show all results. Note that search results are normally sorted by relevance, so you may find meaning- less results at the end of the output axi-cache 0.45 December 2011 AXI-CACHE(1)