Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to check password expiration date of particular user? Post 302935127 by methyl on Thursday 12th of February 2015 07:25:40 PM
Old 02-12-2015
No chance without root permissions.

Why do you want this information?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password expiration warning.

Hi, Anyone know the command which identifies how long a user has before their password expires? I also need to know how I would write and expr to calculate the difference between 2 dates. e.g. 28/03/05 - 18/03/05 = 10 I was told there is a date function which shows you no of days since... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshy
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

UNIX ID Password Expiration

We are trying to implement an Password Aging system that will force UNIX Accounts to change their passwords every 3 mons or so. This will be done my our Server Support Provider. We want to identify UNIX IDs that connects to our server via ftp,scp,sftp and other special connection protocols. IN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
2 Replies

3. Solaris

password expiration

Hello can anyone explain where can be found logic for user password expiration on solaris as well as on reliant UNIX?? there is not much help of /etc/security directory..does not exist! any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulaziz
3 Replies

4. Linux

password expiration ?!?

Hi All, I have this user on my /etc/shadow: mysql:$1$vmw4r078$4.lp6z2s0KJYHKXTuPG2x0:13556:0::12::: The 5 column is blank. Does it mean the user has no password expiration. Thanks in advance for any idea. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Expiration date of user account

Hi, How to check user account expiration account in user mode for SunOS 5.10? In Linux I can use chage command. I googled for answer for the problem but it was useless. Oskar (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: oskard
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry date check for hp servers

Hi All, Can anybody help me, to find the command to check for the password expiry date for the hp servers. Thanks, Deepak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dswain
3 Replies

7. AIX

Mail for password expiration

Hi guys, A simple question. which mecanism send an email to an unix user for the expiration of his password? Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chapel
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password Expiration Notification

Hello, I want to write a script to check for the password expiration date in each server for the user by logging to each server and notify user through mail. If password is about to expire or if already expired , it should also be notified to user by mail. Any help or idea to build this will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baraghun
1 Replies

9. AIX

Password expiration

Hi Admins, AIX 5.3 I know maxage value tells the system about password expiration policy. One of the user's maxage is 5 weeks.But he changed the password long backup at 2008 according to lastupdate value. Since maxage is 5, the password should expire every 5 weeks.But how come... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Password Expiration Policy

Hello Team, I am using Lubuntu & have DRBL remote boot setup with open Ldap authentication. Currently there is no password expire policy. I want to set Password Policy so that user's password will expire after a month & they will get prompt to change their password. Using PAM we can do it,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
1 Replies
logindevperm(4)                                                    File Formats                                                    logindevperm(4)

NAME
logindevperm, fbtab - login-based device permissions SYNOPSIS
/etc/logindevperm DESCRIPTION
The /etc/logindevperm file contains information that is used by login(1) and ttymon(1M) to change the owner, group, and permissions of devices upon logging into or out of a console device. By default, this file contains lines for the keyboard, mouse, audio, and frame buffer devices. The owner of the devices listed in /etc/logindevperm is set to the owner of the console by login(1). The group of the devices is set to the owner's group specified in /etc/passwd. The permissions are set as specified in /etc/logindevperm. Fields are separated by TAB and/or SPACE characters. Blank lines and comments can appear anywhere in the file; comments start with a hash- mark, ` # ', and continue to the end of the line. The first field specifies the name of a console device (for example, /dev/console). The second field specifies the permissions to which the devices in the device_list field (third field) will be set. These permissions must be expressed in octal format. For example, O774. A device_list is a colon-separated list of device names. Note that a device name must be a /dev link. A device entry that is a directory name and ends with "/*" specifies all entries in the directory (except "." and ".."). For example, "/dev/fbs/*" specifies all frame buffer devices. Once the devices are owned by the user, their permissions and ownership can be changed using chmod(1) and chown(1), as with any other user- owned file. Upon logout the owner and group of these devices will be reset by ttymon(1M) to owner root and root's group as specified in /etc/passwd (typically other). The permissions are set as specified in the /etc/logindevperm file. FILES
/etc/passwd File that contains user group information. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), chown(1), login(1), ttymon(1M), passwd(4) NOTES
/etc/logindevperm provides a superset of the functionality provided by /etc/fbtab in SunOS 4.x releases. SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2003 logindevperm(4)