Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk Parse And Create Multiple Files Based on Field Value Post 302935117 by ec012 on Thursday 12th of February 2015 05:19:22 PM
Old 02-12-2015
RuiC:

Thanks so much! It certainly works. Now I have something to work with!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to create files based on a variable name

Hey all, I am parsing a file which have records containing one of a number of files names: ".psd", ".cr2", ".crw" , ".cr", ".xi", ".jpg", ".xif" etc Somewhere on each line there is a value "Namex.psd" "Namex.crw" etc. The position of this name is highly variable I need to output all the ".psd"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C0ppert0p
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create a file based on multiple files

Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out a way to create a file that will be renamed based off of one of multiple files. For example, if I have 3 files (cat.ctl, dog.ctl, and bird.ctl) that gets placed on to an ftp site I want to create a single file called new.cat.ctl, new.dog.ctl, etc for each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coach5779
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files based on field value

Hi, I've one requirement. I have to split one comma delimited file into multiple files based on one of the column values. How can I achieve this Unix Here is the sample data. In this case I have split the files based on date column(c4) Input file c1,c2,c3,c4,c5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manasvi24
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split file into multiple files using awk based on 1 field in the file?

Good day all I need some helps, say that I have data like below, each field separated by a tab DATE NAME ADDRESS 15/7/2012 LX a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX1 a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB2 a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX2 a.b.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexyyw
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Filter a set of data to parse header line and last field of multiple same match.

Hi Experts, I have a data with multiple entry , I want to filter PKG= & the last column "00060110" or "00088150" in the output file: ############################################################################################### PKG= P8SDB :: VGS = vgP8SOra vgP8SDB1 vgP8S001... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse field and include the text of 1 pipe in field 4

I am trying to parse the input in awk to include the |gc= in $4 but am not able to. The below is close: awk so far: awk '{sub(/\|]+]++/, ""); print }' input.txt Input chr1 955543 955763 AGRN-6|pr=2|gc=75 0 + chr1 957571 957852 AGRN-7|pr=3|gc=61.2 0 + chr1 970621 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple files from single file based on row separator

Hello , Can anyone please help me to solve the below - Input.txt source table abc col1 char col2 number source table bcd col1 date col2 char output should be 2 files based on the row separator "source table" abc.txt col1 char (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk joining multiple lines based on field count

Hi Folks, I have a file with fields as follows which has last field in multiple lines. I would like to combine a line which has three fields with single field line for as shown in expected output. Please help. INPUT hname01 windows appnamec1eda_p1, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create separate files but not include specific field in output

I am trying to use awk to create (in this example) 3 seperate text file from the unique id in $1 in file, if it starts with the pattern aa. The contents of each row is used to populate each text file except for $1 which is not needed. It seems I am close but not quite get there. Thank you :). ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create subdirectory based on match between two files

In the below awk I am trying to mkdir based of an exact match between file2 line starting with R_2019.... and file1 line starting with R_2019. When a match is found there is a folder located at /home/cmccabe/run with the same name as the match where each $2 in file1 is a new subdirectory in that... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)