Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem? Post 302934921 by Nexeu on Thursday 12th of February 2015 12:43:28 AM
Old 02-12-2015
Hi

Thanks for reply Smilie The ctrl + C really helps. But I still can't manage to remove lines with digits though.

I'd tired [[:digit:]] with sed like this:

sed '/[[:digit:]]/d' input.txt > output.txt and still get empty output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

terminal problem

Hi all While trying to upon a new window it is saying UNABLE TO GET PTY..what does this means how to solve it Thanks Prafulla (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

terminal type problem with cygwin on aix

hey, I use cygwin to connect to AIX 5.2 but when I open vi I get an error saying: ex: 0602-108 cygwin is not a recognized terminal type how can I fix that? I thought cygwin was tty vt100? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

3. SCO

Terminal Allocation Problem

Hello All, I am facing a problem on SCO Open Server V 5x, We are using serial communication on dumb terminals, right now i am facing a problem on some terminals, as they are not showing thier previous tty no, as tty13 or tty18, but they are showing ttya6 or ttya4, i also tried to move and link... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
5 Replies

4. Programming

terminal problem

i am executiing some commands using system an popen command in c. while executing the code . some data is shown on terimal without using any print statement. how can i solve this problem thank u sree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
1 Replies

5. Linux

tty terminal permissions problem

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm having a problem on my Red Hat Enterprise 5 Server where my tty devices "tty" are being set to read only permissions. I need them to be set to 777 in order to write to the serial printers through a custome application. I have gone through many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Netwrkengeer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with gnome-terminal

Hello everyone. This is my first post.:o Using Ubuntu 8.04 and bash 3.2.39 i'm trying to adapt my routine to this platform. So, this means forget xterm and use gnome-terminal (as default ubuntu terminal). EveryDay i need to connect to several servers, and i've made a Tcl'script to make this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trutoman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem - gnome terminal shell scripting

I've a python script named rwe.py. I'm running the program in three separate terminals. If one of the executing program stops . I want to leave the terminal as it is so that i can see the error. i wrote a the below script and used cron to run it every one hour to check if the three programs are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msteve2002
0 Replies

8. Linux

Terminal logging character problem -Newbie-

Im a complete newbie tryin to work with linux centos; in terminal wanted to log with script command; but output file has some strange characters when I try to open with gedit or bluefish terminal , gedit, bluefish encoding is utf-8 ; Script started on Mon 08 Mar 2010 03:32:39 PM EET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anacondauser
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem with terminal

Hi Guys, I'm using my putty to connect to the HP-UX test box. Once I get connected to server there seem to be something wrong with my putty that behaves very odd. for example it starts from the half of the screen. I really dont know how to explain this problem. or for instance when i run vi to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Silly problem with sed and grep

I am trying to delete all empty lines from a file using either grep -v ^$ file or sed '/^$/d' file But neither one is working. I have uploaded the file I am trying to modify. Any help will be greatly apreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)