Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Will shell script executes in sequence Post 302934800 by Bhavi on Wednesday 11th of February 2015 03:02:14 AM
Old 02-11-2015
I noticed that files larger than this are getting transferred, the issue is only with one type of file, so not sure whether the file got corrupted or not.
But each time the file gets generated with the timestamp, so the file name changes each and every time with only the third qualifer as same.

I checked with md5sum for the file both source & destination.
But since the file size in source & destination are different how to identify whether the file is corrupted or not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab and shell script that executes a sql.

Problem: I have a crontab and when it kicks off, xxx.sh shell script is called. Which has a nohup sqlplus session call. Problem is sql does not get executed and a text file is not getting created. Only a empty log file is getting created. Are there any constraints for crontab to open a sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script executes program, but waits for a prompt

Sorry, newbie here. I have the following shell script which basically executes the sh-n-body.i686 program a specified number of times. However, before the sh-n-body.i686 begins its calculations it prompts for input from the user. In this case the user would have press ". return" and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lionatucla
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

root executes a script as another user

Hi All, Am using the below command to start my application using the root user su - bin -c "/home/bin/test/start.sh" but am getting the error becaue i have set some environment varibales in bin's .profile when i execute the command start.sh by logging directly into bin account it's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sri24
9 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch script executes twice

Hi, Batch script gets executed without any error, but on execution some of the partial contents of the batch file gets appended at the end of the file which is currently in execution, hence the script tries to execute again for the second time , which should not happen. How to get it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sequence number merged with hypen, shell script

Hello Folks, i have to write shell scripting for given expected output manner. in given input we have to write shell script in such a way that sequence no can b merged/link between start and end digit with hyphen "-" symbol and rest of digit separated by "," Eg : For Input "2 6 7 8 11 12... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchalh
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script executes some time but not always.

I have following script to send email when a USB is attached. #!/bin/bash NUMBER=`/bin/cat /u/numberoflines` LINES=`/usr/bin/wc -l < /var/log/messages` DIFFERENCE=$(($LINES-$NUMBER)) if ; then tail -n $DIFFERENCE /var/log/messages |while read line do if $( echo $line | grep --quiet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not getting called through cron job but executes fine manually.

Hi, My shell script not getting called through cron job. The same works fine when executed manually. I tried to generate logs to find if the scripts has some errors related to path using following command- trying to execute .sh file every 5 mins: */5 * * * * /home/myfolder/abc.sh... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dejavu20
17 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking missing data's sequence (shell script | UNIX command)

Dear All members, i have some trouble here, i want to ask your help. The case is: I have some data, it's like: -ABCD1234 -ABCD1235 -ABCD1237 -BCDE1111 -BCDE1112 -BCDE1114 there is some missing data's sequence (the format is: ABCD = name 1234 = sequence). I want to print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septian.tri
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script partially executes??

Hi All, I am calling a shell script from another shell script, however, it only executes part of it (the echo commands only). What could be some causes for that? For example: ShellScriptA.sh: ... ... ... . ShellScriptB.sh ShellScriptB.sh contents: echo date echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Line as per the dependent sequence in shell script.

Hi i have a file like this as shown below: DA PROCESS_ID IDENTIFIER DA_FILE STATUS WAITING_FOR SCOPED_DEPENDENT 1836 21000 01052019 BH90P.TEMP.DA1836.FTP W NULL ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaswarnkar
6 Replies
DAR_CP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DAR_CP(1)

NAME
dar_cp - 'cp' clone that does not stop at the first I/O error met SYNOPSIS
dar_cp <source file> <destination file> dar_cp -h dar_cp -V DESCRIPTION
dar_cp is similar to the standard 'cp' command, except it does not stop copying when an I/O error is met. Instead, it skips a bit further and continues to copy the rest of the file, as much as possible, filling the gaps by zeroed bytes. dar_cp only accepts full filename (not directory) as argument. The reason of its existence in dar package is that you need it if you use Parchive with dar and have a corruption on a CD-R or any other read-only medium. You need to copy the corrupted slice on a read-write filesystem, for Parchive be able to repair it using slice associated redundancy files. OPTIONS
-h Displays help usage. -V Displays version information. EXIT CODES
dar_cp exists with the following codes: 0 upon normal execution (be some corrupted parted skipped or not) 1 syntax error on command-line 2 could not open source or destination files 3 any other system error met during the copy 5 when some data could not be copied due to I/O error SIGNALS
Any signal sent to dar_cp will abort the program immediately, there is no way to have a proper termination before the end of the process SEE ALSO
dar(1), dar_xform(1), dar_manager(1), dar_slave(1) KNOWN BUGS
None actually. AUTHOR
http://dar.linux.free.fr/ Denis Corbin France Europe 3rd Berkeley Distribution March 3rd, 2012 DAR_CP(1)