Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PHP table isn't displaying
Top Forums Web Development PHP table isn't displaying Post 302934557 by sea on Sunday 8th of February 2015 04:32:14 PM
Old 02-08-2015
I didnt say 'remove' i said 'outside the loop'.

OLD:
Code:
        while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)){
            echo "<tr>";
            echo "<td>" . $row['name'] . "</td>";
            echo "<td>" . $row['lastname'] . "</td>";
            echo "</tr>";
            echo "</table>";
        }
        mysqli_close($conn);

NEW:
Code:
        while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)){
            echo "<tr>";
            echo "<td>" . $row['name'] . "</td>";
            echo "<td>" . $row['lastname'] . "</td>";
            echo "</tr>";
        }
        echo "</table>";
        mysqli_close($conn);

Though...you should see at least one line now anyway...

Hope this helps

EDIT:
After rereading, i assume there is a missing dollar sign before the username:
Code:
$sql = "SELECT * from username ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1";

Code:
$sql = "SELECT * from $username ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1";

I'm a bit rusty on php, not sure if you need to 'split' the string to connect it with the variable...

Last edited by sea; 02-08-2015 at 10:54 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying output in a table.

Hello, I've just finished my first script (about displaying open ports on the computer and who opened them) and everything is fine with it but I want to style it a little bit just for the sake of learning how to do this. What I want to do is make the display like the one of ps, for example,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchopansa
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Sorting HTML table

Hi All, I have an html table which looks like this: <table align="center" border="1"> <CAPTION><EM>Heading for Table</EM></CAPTION> <tr><td><b>1</b></TD><TD><b>2</b></TD><TD><b>3</b></TD><TD><b>4</b></TD><TD><b>TOTAL</b></TD><TD><b>DATE</b></td></tr> <tr><td>88088283</TD> <TD>87613101</TD>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pondlife
1 Replies

3. Web Development

php script + not displaying webpage

Hi guys Im in the process of designing a website for my company which does the following 1) Daily execution a perl script. The perl script's output is diverted to a .html file. 2) The .html file generated from 1) sets up a centralised webpage showing options as radio buttons (the radio... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying text from a MySQL table which can be modified

Hi am creating a website for my third year at uni, am trying to create a website where the client can update the content of the site themselves, i will have a news page and i want the content to be draw from my database and displayed on the front end of the site i also want to have an admin side... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richeyrich86
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Displaying text from a MySQL table which can be modified

Hi am creating a website for my third year at uni, am trying to create a website where the client can update the content of the site themselves, i will have a news page and i want the content to be draw from my database and displayed on the front end of the site using php, i also want to have an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: richeyrich86
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

7. Programming

Table Duplication in PHP

Hey, I am making a Facebook like Page system as my first project, So far it's been bate in mind I did it from my 3DS at the same time as my PC gets replaced, So far it's turned out great. Now I am on to creation the blocking system I need to get the code to say If the user already likes the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
0 Replies

8. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)													       MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)

mssql_num_fields - Gets the number of fields in result

SYNOPSIS
int mssql_num_fields (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_num_fields(3) returns the number of fields in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of fields, as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_num_fields(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php', $link); // Select some data from our database $data = mssql_query('SELECT [name], [age] FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct a table echo '<table border="1">'; $header = false; // Iterate through returned results while ($row = mssql_fetch_array($data)) { // Build the table header if (!$header) { echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; for ($i = 1; ($i + 1) <= mssql_num_fields($data); ++$i) { echo '<td>' . ucfirst($row[$i]) . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; echo '<tbody>'; $header = true; } // Build the row echo '<tr>'; foreach($row as $value) { echo '<td>' . $value . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; } // Close table echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Clean up mssql_free_result($data); mssql_close($link); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_query(3), mssql_fetch_field(3), mssql_num_rows(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)