Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to add no. from different directory? Post 302934506 by Don Cragun on Sunday 8th of February 2015 03:08:07 AM
Old 02-08-2015
I repeat: Please explain why 2-T2014020668 appears in the output when it does not appear at all in the input.

How are we supposed to produce the output:
Code:
400000   1-C2014020657   2-T2014020668
494160   1-C2014020671   1-T2014020679
400000   1-C2014020672   1-T2014020680

when 2-T2014020668 never appears in your sample input? Where does the 2-T2014020668 come from?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add user, directory, etc. via cgi

Hello All (yes I mean you): I'm a self taught programmer, so please bear with me and my ignorance. What I Am Trying To Do: I am attempting to create a user (and all the accompanying attributes like a home directory, entry in the passwd file, disk quota allotment and skel selection for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfoxjr
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add permission of directory to a group

Hi, A simple and silly question on Unix. I have a directory named "a" and I would like to grant permission to group name "text" to access, read and execute my directory. Could anyone help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add 5 lines of code to all the scripts in a directory

Hi Guys, I need some tips on writing a Korn shell script that would look for certain lines of code and replace all the scripts in the directory with a few other lines. I have about 120 scripts that I need to modify. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Cool_avi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolavi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add user script while looking for directory

sorry didnt see that thread at first thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbhound
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add directory to a global PATH

Guys, I did a search on this but couldn't find any thing. I need to add /home/scadm/scripts to the PATH. If I do the below it works for the session I'm in. If I close it and reopen it doesnt work. PATH=$PATH\:/home/scadm/scripts ; export PATH I also want this path added to all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't add directory to path correctly

Hello everyone I am a newcomer to UNIX and I have hit a snag in something that would probably take experienced people about 30 seconds. Long story short I am trying to add a directory to my PATH and it is getting added but not working. I mean, the object of adding it to the path is so I can access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybrownies
2 Replies

7. AIX

Can we add multiple groups to a directory or a file ?

Hello, drwxr-x--- 21 root system 4096 Jan 25 10:20 /testdir here owner is root, group is system. 1) is it possible to add multiple groups to "/testdir" files/directories ? if yes, please provide me the command. my requirement is to provide read-only access to user1 on /testdir... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

How can I add to Active Directory with Samba Linux?

hi How do I update this file /etc/samba/smb.conf Linux be added to Active Directory thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add part of directory name to filename

Hello, I need to add a part of folder name to the files inside it. For instance the file is HMCBackup_20150430.155027.tgz and it is under directory /nim/dr/HMCBackup/cops22 I need to add cops22 to the file name so as it would be cops22_HMCBackup_20150430.155027.tgz Any help in doing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
10 Replies

10. Red Hat

Add directory to path permanently

I ssh in and am trying to add a directory permanently to $PATH in centos 7 and having issues. My current $PATH is echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin but when I do a sudo nano ~/.bashrc # .bashrc # User specific aliases and functions alias... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)