Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Teradata fastexport in ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Teradata fastexport in ksh Post 302933970 by usrrenny on Tuesday 3rd of February 2015 01:52:19 PM
Old 02-03-2015
Hi,
I am not trying any input. I am getting the specified error on the .logon statement. I removed the
Code:
> /dev/null 2>&1 <

next to the fexp. so it started running. but I am not getting any output, so after waiting fr 1 hour ,I had to killed the process.

Last edited by usrrenny; 02-03-2015 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: missed CODE tag

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Unix - teradata

I am trying execute a sql file from the script and the sql file has the following code snippet, which throws out the error given below FOR C_FINELINE_LP AS CURSOR C_SLS FOR SELECT * FROM WM_UTIL.FLT_DEP WHERE LOAD_IND = 'N' DO ..... ..... .... END FOR; FOR C_FLTSLS_STR_LP AS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yschd
0 Replies

2. Programming

compile a program in C with teradata sentences using cc

hi, I want to compile a program in C. It have a multiple calls to teradata. I have no idea how to compile in Aix. The compiler that I should be use is cc. I tried cc -G -KPIC tdsfbd0358.c this generates a tdsfbd0358.i and after I have no Idea what I have to make, a link? how?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kajum
3 Replies

3. Programming

Connect To Teradata

How do i connect from C program to teradata Database? The C program is being executed from a Unix script, AIX. I am calling a C program from a Unix shell script and the C Program executes some SQLs on Teradata Database. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yschd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Teradata connectivity through UNIX by use bteq

Hi, I want a script for connecting teradata to load the file to teradata table. Can you please help me out. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victory
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute teradata queries from a file

In a .txt file i have a set of teradata queries which i need to execute and capture result for all queries.Is there any way to run teradata queries from a file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
1 Replies

6. Programming

TeraData Sql to add months in timestamp

Hi , In teradata - how to add timestamp column with Varchar column values Output : In Exp_Date column it should add both 5/21/2012 14:00:00 and 24 ---> 5/21/2014 14:00:00 Please guide me on this . Thanks Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Using BTEQ with perl to Teradata

Has anyone used either bteq or mload for inserting into a Teradata Database via perl. We're running Red Hat Enterprise 5.7. I've gotten the DBD::ODBC drivers installed and running. I installed the Teradata ICU, TeraGSS and ODBC pkgs. We are using perl to insert data across the network into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: islanderman
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Teradata and Informatica Load constraints

HI Team , I have interesting issue observed when using teradata sql assistant(14.1) and Informatica tool (9.5) versions. I created SQL code in teradata where source count is 5000 records . I am using source and target database as teradata and trying to load using informatica tool . Its straight... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection with Teradata through shell Script

Hi All, As we are using SQLPLUS command to connect Oracle Database in unix: Like below syntax: sqlplus username/password@dbname << EOI SET HEADING OFF SPOOL MAX_DATE_VAL.txt select max(LAST_UPDT_DATE) from source_defect; SPOOL OFF here the result is stored in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi Gupta
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Minute(4) issue in teradata

I have values below for which diff field is giving error like "invalid time interval" in teradata Might be it is not doing calculation anymore after exceeding minute(4) value END_TS 2/2/2018 08:50:49.000000 START_TS 1/5/2018 17:30:02.000000 SLA_TIME 23:59:59.000000 select... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshupant
0 Replies
DB2_PREPARE(3)								 1							    DB2_PREPARE(3)

db2_prepare - Prepares an SQL statement to be executed

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_prepare (resource $connection, string $statement, [array $options]) DESCRIPTION
db2_prepare(3) creates a prepared SQL statement which can include 0 or more parameter markers ( ? characters) representing parameters for input, output, or input/output. You can pass parameters to the prepared statement using db2_bind_param(3), or for input values only, as an array passed to db2_execute(3). There are three main advantages to using prepared statements in your application: o Performance: when you prepare a statement, the database server creates an optimized access plan for retrieving data with that statement. Subsequently issuing the prepared statement with db2_execute(3) enables the statements to reuse that access plan and avoids the overhead of dynamically creating a new access plan for every statement you issue. o Security: when you prepare a statement, you can include parameter markers for input values. When you execute a prepared statement with input values for placeholders, the database server checks each input value to ensure that the type matches the column defini- tion or parameter definition. o Advanced functionality: Parameter markers not only enable you to pass input values to prepared SQL statements, they also enable you to retrieve OUT and INOUT parameters from stored procedures using db2_bind_param(3). PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid database connection resource variable as returned from db2_connect(3) or db2_pconnect(3). o $statement - An SQL statement, optionally containing one or more parameter markers.. o $options - An associative array containing statement options. You can use this parameter to request a scrollable cursor on database servers that support this functionality. For a description of valid statement options, see db2_set_option(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource if the SQL statement was successfully parsed and prepared by the database server. Returns FALSE if the data- base server returned an error. You can determine which error was returned by calling db2_stmt_error(3) or db2_stmt_errormsg(3). EXAMPLES
Example #1 Preparing and executing an SQL statement with parameter markers The following example prepares an INSERT statement that accepts four parameter markers, then iterates over an array of arrays con- taining the input values to be passed to db2_execute(3). <?php $animals = array( array(0, 'cat', 'Pook', 3.2), array(1, 'dog', 'Peaches', 12.3), array(2, 'horse', 'Smarty', 350.0), ); $insert = 'INSERT INTO animals (id, breed, name, weight) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)'; $stmt = db2_prepare($conn, $insert); if ($stmt) { foreach ($animals as $animal) { $result = db2_execute($stmt, $animal); } } ?> SEE ALSO
db2_bind_param(3), db2_execute(3), db2_stmt_error(3), db2_stmt_errormsg(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_PREPARE(3)