Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extra Space in output - remove Post 302933954 by honey26 on Tuesday 3rd of February 2015 10:45:07 AM
Old 02-03-2015
Thanks all its working now .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove extra lines in the file

Hi, I have some files, with some extra lines in weird characters on the top and bottom of the. I want to get rid of those line. Is there a way I can do that? example of the input file. I want to get rid of those lines in bold  ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: CamTu
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To remove the extra spaces in unix

Hi... I am quite new to Unix and would like an issue to be resolved. I have a file in the format below; 4,Reclaim,ECXTEST02,abc123,Harry Potter,5432 6730 0327 5469,0603,,MC,,1200,EUR,sho-001,,1,,,abc123,1223 I would like my output to be as follows; 4,Reclaim,ECXTEST02,abc123,Harry... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sho
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extra space issue with awk

for diskname in $(lspv |awk '{print $1}') do lquerypv -h /dev/|awk '/'$diskname'/ { print ; exit }' done No output is returning from the loop. I think awk put an extra space to the command - lquerypv -h /dev/ so that the command is executed as i.e. lquerypv -h /dev/ hdisk230 with a space... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

m4 adds extra space at top of file.

I have used m4 in the past to generate source code where aesthetics and space were of no consequence . Now I am using it to generate script and program templates . So here is an excerpt from my m4 file for producing a generic bash script: dnl `$Id$' define(`START_SCRIPT',`#!/bin/bash... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove extra character

Hi I am using cat <filename> command in one of my datastage job(Command Activity). It is giving actual value but giving extra line. Eg: Displayed Output: 1 and showing extraline(Eg: 1 ) I had checked even wc -c it is giving one character extra. If the file contains 11. wc -c says 3. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to remove extra characters

Guys, I have a file that contains entries like this: LaxOrdID=19220288<8> LaxOrdID=19220288 I would like to remove <> and the values inside it anywhere its found. How? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

my shell now adds extra space at end of each line!

Hi, Since today, with csh or tcsh, if I do 'ls files* > list', every lines end with an extra space! What happenned? What can I do to go back when there was no extra space? If I change to bash, there's no extra space. Thanks, Patrick ---------- Post updated at 03:19 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trogne
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Extra Delimiter

Hi , I have file like this.. aaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|fff|dsaaFFDFD| Adsads|sas|sa|as|asa|saddas|dsasd|sdad| dsas|dss|sss|sss|ddd|dssd|rrr|fddf| www|fff|refd|dads|fsdf|00sd| 5fgdg|dfs00|d55f|sfds55|445fsd|55ds|sdf| so I do no have any fix pattern and I want to remove extra... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajchaudhari
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file

Hi Gurus, I have a file which contains some special char or space. when using cat -evt I can see the file as following: 0,"0000","abc/def aaa ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#Spool/Query executing with extra space.

Hello, I have a requirement where i have to spool some data to a file. i have achived the desired target but m facing one issue. i have attached the script and the output. i checked the data length in the table but it is only 45 for column 1. can you tell me how to remove these extra... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
4 Replies
elf_version(3E) 														   elf_version(3E)

NAME
elf_version() - coordinate ELF library and application versions SYNOPSIS
Command: [flag]... file... [library]... DESCRIPTION
As elf(3E) explains, the program, the library, and an object file have independent notions of the "latest" ELF version. lets a program determine the ELF library's It further lets the program specify what memory types it uses by giving its own ver, to the library. Every program that uses the ELF library must coordinate versions as described below. The header file supplies the version to the program with the macro If the library's internal version (the highest version known to the library) is lower than that known by the program itself, the library may lack semantic knowledge assumed by the program. Accordingly, will not accept a working version unknown to the library. Passing a ver equal to causes to return the library's internal version, without altering the working version. If ver is a version known to the library, returns the previous (or initial) working version number. Otherwise, the working version remains unchanged and returns EXAMPLES
The following excerpt from an application program protects itself from using an older library. if (elf_version(EV_CURRENT) == EV_NONE) { /* library out of date */ /* recover from error */ } WARNINGS
The working version should be the same for all operations on a particular ELF descriptor. Changing the version between operations on a descriptor will probably not give the expected results. SEE ALSO
elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_xlate(3E). elf_version(3E)