Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match child with parents and form matrix Post 302933886 by disedorgue on Monday 2nd of February 2015 05:57:54 PM
Old 02-02-2015
The first file is stocking in memory (array P,Q and C in code)
Only lines sample number parent of the second file is stocking in memory (Array V in code) and so, only these lines must be at begin of the second file.
If you launch only the awk commande before pipe, you see it return only lines of second file that represent parents.

EDIT: each children pair in second file must be consecutive.

Last edited by disedorgue; 02-02-2015 at 07:49 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to disedorgue For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing data into matrix form

Hi, I have a file whose structure is like this 7 7 1 2 3 4 5 1 3 4 8 6 1 4 5 6 0 2 6 8 3 8 2 5 7 8 0 5 7 9 4 1 3 8 0 2 2 3 5 6 8 basically first two row tell the number of rows and column but the data following them are not arranged in that format. now i want to create another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0600014
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut and paste data in matrix form

I have large formatted data file with five columns. This has to be rearranged in lower order matrix form as shown below for sample data. 1 2 3 4 5 1.0 3.0 2.0 5.0 3.0 2.0 4.0 3.0 1.0 6.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 1.0 1.0 4.0 2.0 3.0 5.0 3.0 5.0 4.0 2.0 8.0 1.0 3.0 2.0 4.0 5.0 2.0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhilipumich
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch last line no form file which is match with specific pattern by grep command

Hi i have a file which have a pattern like this Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 9 08:14:27 EST5EDT 2010 on tty . Nov 10 Oct 19 02:14:21 EST5EDT 2010 on pts/tk . Nov 10 afrtetryytr Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 10 03:21:04 EST5EDT 2010 Dec 8 Nov 10 05:03:02 EST5EDT 2010 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformatting data in matrix form

Hi, Some assistance with respect to the following problem will be very helpful. I want to reformat my dataset in the following manner for subsequent analysis. I have first column values (which repeat for each value of 2nd column) which are names, the second column specifies position ad the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie83
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two strings receiving form two different loops and execute if condition when single match

I want to read a file contain sub-string and same string need to match in file name I got from for loop. I am using below code: #!/bin/bash C_UPLOADEDSUFFIX='.uploaded' files=$(find . -iname '*'$C_UPLOADEDSUFFIX -type f) # find files having .uploaded prefix for file in $files do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Form balanced matrix by filtering data

I need to form a matrix out of unbalanced set of records. First eliminate the sample that do not have at least 3 variables (col2). So, in the example, samples 4 and 5 get eliminated. Then form a matrix of values (col3) from the samples using only variables that are present accross all samples.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
3 Replies
pnmsmooth(1)                                                  General Commands Manual                                                 pnmsmooth(1)

NAME
pnmsmooth - smooth out an image SYNOPSIS
pnmsmooth [-size width height] [-dump dumpfile] [pnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Smooths out an image by replacing each pixel with the average of its width X height neighbors. It is implemented as a C progam that gener- ates a PGM convolution matrix and then invokes pnmconvol. OPTIONS
-size width height Specifies the size of the convolution matrix. Default size is a 3x3 matrix. Width and height sizes must be odd. Maximum size of convolution matrix is limited by the maximum value for a pixel such that (width * height * 2) must not exceed the maximum pixel value. -dump dumpfile Generates and saves the convolution file only. Use of this option does not invoke pnmconvol. SEE ALSO
pnmconvol(1), pnm(5) AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. Converted from script to C program December 1994 by Mike Burns (burns@chem.psu.edu). 4 December 1994 pnmsmooth(1)