Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read a file with multiple tags Post 302933509 by RudiC on Friday 30th of January 2015 06:12:45 AM
Old 01-30-2015
Sorry, I don't understand your code. You are running a for loop without using its loop variable a anywhere. To what avail?
Try running just
Code:
awk '/^Total.*Request/ {printf "%s%s", $0, (++c%2)?";":"\n"}' $filename

and redirect its output to "Newfile.csv" if happy. No cat, no grep, no sed...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete multiple space or tabs from a read only file

Hi, Actually I am want to cut the three fields of "file-nr" file. $ cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr 638 219 52270 I want to assign these value to diffrent varibales as follow:- a=638 b=219 c=52270 I tried to use cut command for this purpose and also tried to squeeze all sapces... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisla.yogender
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read multiple line from log file

I have errors in the log that span multiple lines and I can find say the 2nd line in the log of this error using an unique word. However, this only gets me the line that the word appears in not the full error which may be 3 or four line long. So if there way to display say the line before a match... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_vsh1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file with in UNIX and send multiple mails

Hi-I want to create a shell script which should read a file line by line (file having email address and transaction id of each user)and send email on email ids with the transaction id of the user respectively. Please help - I think a while loop should help but I am very new too UNIX Shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepSalwan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read 1-line file and separate into multiple variables

I have one line files with 17 records separated by a semi-colon. I need to create a variable from each record, which I can do via a separate awk for each one, but I know there has to be a better way. Along with pulling out the variable, I need to convert some url coding like a + to a space, etc.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a multiple lines from a file n executing them?

Hi all, I am just trying to read the contents of a file. basically this file has a list of dat files. then i want to access these dat files n execute a script on them one by one using a loop. i hav e written like this ls -l | cut -c 58-88 > file1.txt while do arr1="$( sed -n '1p'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjyotisonu5
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

read one line file and separate into multiple lines

I have one long line text with semicolon used as separator between values in that line. Now, I want to separate the line into multiple line right after every 29th field. example input line: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erlanq
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from Multiple character delimited flat file

Hello Guys I have a multiple character delimited flat file "|~|". when I tried to read the data the "|" character also coming Example I/P file 9882590|~|20111207|~|K03501000063005574033961|~|K|~| Command to get the second column I used awk -F"|~|" ' {print $2}' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple text file in shell sccript

I need help. I need to read all current and incoming text file in the directory and change it's content to 0. The following code change the content of the text file to 0, however, the code always assumes that the files are ALREADY present. Is there any way where I can change the file1_.txt,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple lines at a time from file

Hello All, I have a file like below.... dn: cn=user1,ou=org,o=org cn=user1 uid=user1 cn=user2,ou=org,o=org cn=user2 uid=user2 cn=user3,ou=org,o=org cn=user3 cn=user33 uid=user3 cn=user4,ou=org,o=org cn=user4 uid=user4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file and run multiple jobs

I have a txt file line1 line2 line3 $!/bin/sh cat /tmp/lus.txt | while read line do esxcli storage vmfs unmap -u $lin -n 4000 done this works but does in one line at a time. how do I do all lines at once simutaeously? Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
4 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)							GNU							  GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)